could a technician come to my new address to see if it's viable to extend the service??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

could a technician come to my new address to see if it's viable to extend the service??

I have contacted 4 service reps,thow they've been friendly,none seem to know if i can have the Rogers service extended to my house about 200 feet from my current address.

Shouldn't a technician be contacted and he could see if it's viable for Rogers to extend there lines about 200 feet if i buy a 3 year bundle???

Also to note that i am cancelling my Rogers at my house and moving into a duplex where there would be another client also??

When i ask a CSR they tell me my new address is not in there system and this seems to be a big issue,but i'm moving in  a couple of weeks and i need a confirmation now!!!

One CSR told me it might not be feesable for Rogers but for 2 new clients and loosing 1(me) from my current location who decides the viability if when i asked to be registered that i wanted the service they told me they didn't do that???

Thanks in advance for your answers!!!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: could a technician come to my new address to see if it's viable to extend the service??

They can book a pre-site inspection or they can get in touch w/ the engineering dept (reps need to send internal email request) to have someone come and check to see if it's viable. Be forewarned, they MAY charge you to extend the lines the 200ft or so or whatever it will be (keep in mind you may be only ~200 feet away, but they might need more then 200ft of cabling depending on location of poles, etc...), and those charges aren't cheap. The won't charge though to send someone out to check it out though. I have seen it come back both ways (no charge to extend, or pass on the charges to the cx requesting hook up/extension).

Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: could a technician come to my new address to see if it's viable to extend the service??

Let me just get it figured out here, etc.

You are currently in the one house.. and the new one is only 200m away?  Is this like on the next property?  Or another house, say on the same property? (say like on a farm property).

If it IS brand brand new, the addresses may not be fully registered yet.. so they might not be in the rogers system.

Now, as for WHY and WHY NOT.  At lot can come down to infrastructrure.  The lines may be there, to currently support X many houses.. its just not a simple thing to add 2 more from that box possibly.  If it is full, they MIGHT be able to just add a bigger block to it.  But it may require a whole core line run from there, to a new block, etc.  THIS, can cost major $$, so there has to be enough reason for it, and will take quite a bit of time to do, etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

They can book a pre-site inspection or they can get in touch w/ the engineering dept (reps need to send internal email request) to have someone come and check to see if it's viable. Be forewarned, they MAY charge you to extend the lines the 200ft or so or whatever it will be (keep in mind you may be only ~200 feet away, but they might need more then 200ft of cabling depending on location of poles, etc...), and those charges aren't cheap. The won't charge though to send someone out to check it out though. I have seen it come back both ways (no charge to extend, or pass on the charges to the cx requesting hook up/extension).

Although I am a Rogers employee, comments expressed are my own and do not represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. I am not speaking on behalf of the company.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your replies and information.One more question,do they absolutly need a postal code as i have one but it's not updated on canada posts website yet to have an engineer check this out??? thanks again....funnybunny

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Postal code helps, but shouldn't be required so long as you have the remainder of the civic address.