chatr.internet.apn?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

chatr.internet.apn?

Had to do a factory reset on my Galaxy Nexus - lost the Play Store amongst other things.  Anyway, I didn't notice it before, but did last night:  Wi-Fi was working, but mobile data wasn't.  I checked my APN settings and noticed that chatr.internet.apn was turned on.  All I had to do was turn it off and turn on the Rogers APN.

My question:  how in the name of the 7 Levels of Horrors that is the Canadian mobile industry did I get CHATR set as my APN?  How did it even get onto my phone?  Can anyone who has done a factory reset  confirm that they have it listed?  Also, can anyone who has NOT done a factory reset on a Nexus confirm what APNs they have?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: chatr.internet.apn?

For some reason they set it up this way when the Nexus was originally released. 

Someone at Rogers forgot to cross a T.   Anyway, I haven't had the Chatr apn set as default whenever I flash in a while now.  I think someone at Rogers crossed the T.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Chatter and Rogers are the same network, they also use the same towers and sim card imsi and iccid range. perhaps your phone detected your sim card and thought it was chatter? which is easily understandable since they use the same sim card and network id. no big deal just change it back and it should be fine

I'm an Enthusiast

Thanks. That makes sense. Was weird though.