cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

channel 599 TLN HD is always stretched.

snorlax
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone able to view TLN HD in true 16X9 HD format.  On all the sets I have tried the picture is always stetched horizonatally making everything wide and fat.  No settings on the TV or HD box can deliver a normal 16X9 undistored HD image. 

***Edited labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: channel 599 TLN HD is always stretched.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Its stretched all the time its the network doing it. The only time its normal is during the euro cup games

angelus_025
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't even realize we got this channel in HD.  It does look stretched out on mine too but its still better than having to do it myself on the regular channel.  I wonder why it is that some SD channels in the regular lineup were replaced with the HD version while others like this HD TLN weren't.

its because tln is not available in basic package.

angelus_025
I Plan to Stick Around

That makes some sense.  I have noticed that a friend who lives in a neighbouring suburb and who's channels were always slightly different than ours doesn't get Food HD on his regular channel whereas we do.  He has the same package as we do and he gets it in his 500's but not on the regular one, that's still SD.  I'm surprised that they haven't standardized the channel lineups/numbers across the province or country.

This is a seperate issue, not so much rogers, but the CRTC's rules on channel carriage.  this is the reason why if u get tsn sd u dont get tsn HD unless u subscribe to an add on package,  yeah it sucks but thats life.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation