changing payment method

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calgeo
I've Been Here Awhile

changing payment method

Can anyone help us at all?.... We want to remove pre authorised cheq as our payment method and change paying manually but the only option we are being given is to use a credit card!!......... All I would like to do is change back to paying via our own means rather than paying the bill 3 weeks before its even due as rogers are doing just now.... Is this possible at all?

lisa 

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: changing payment method

Is this for a contract/montly plan? or a pay as you go type?

You are trying to change this via the site?  I do remember some people having issues, etc that way before.. but they had more options when calling in to rogers to have them do it from that end.

Updated 2015

We have updated Rogers.com with the steps on how to update your Method of payment on rogers.com please click here for more information

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is this for a contract/montly plan? or a pay as you go type?

You are trying to change this via the site?  I do remember some people having issues, etc that way before.. but they had more options when calling in to rogers to have them do it from that end.

Updated 2015

We have updated Rogers.com with the steps on how to update your Method of payment on rogers.com please click here for more information

View solution in original post

Calgeo
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the reply..... We both have contracts with rogers so will pop into the store tomorrow to change our payment method.....many thanks for taking the time to reply x

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, they SHOULD be able to switch it.

Only thing i can think of.. is if your account isnt set up for regular post payments, etc.. they may do a brief credit check.  Pretty much standard for most companies, etc.. just to make sure, that you dont have a bad credit rating from not paying things, etc..

Good luck! 🙂

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you sure they told you this over the phone? I am pretty darn sure that retail stores do NOT have the necessary tools in place to make such billing level changes in person, they are more set up to do sales and activations and take bill payments.  If anything they may just hand you the phone and make you call the regular CSR again from the stores phones,   You might as well save your self the trip and call them from the comfort of your own home again and ask them politely again to remove your PAP and invoice you normally.   I do not think another credit check will be required, as they only do these at the time of actvations which you already had done when you signed up, never afterwards as it will impact your credit file.

mike017
I'm a Regular

my account is currently set up for Pre-auth payments from a bank account but I want to cancel that and pay the bill in person at the Rogers office but I can't seem to find how to cancel the PAP they make it easy to find and set up online but no where does it give the option to cancel the pre auth paymentsSmiley Mad If anyone knows the best way to do this other then just calling the bank and telling them to cancel it I would greatly appriciate it

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I would have thought the easiest way would be to cancel the PAPs at your bank. However when I checked RBC they say "To cancel pre-authorized payments we suggest you contact the merchant directly and provide an alternate method of payment." TD had a form available and requires 30 days notice. So it looks like the banks don't want to get in the middle and make it difficult. I would suggest calling Rogers directly, but don't get your hopes up. With PAP they have some sort of guarantee the payments will be made each month, which is more than just hoping you'll show up at the store each month and pay. The only way I can see them going for it is if you paid one or two months ahead.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
mike017
I'm a Regular

Hopefully someone from Rogers can make this quick and easy since the account that the PAP was set up on no longer exists so they won't be getting payment there as I've switched banks now

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately rogers reps really dont look at this form, its user to user.. so if you expect someone to do it from your post.. its not likely to happen.

Your best bet, would be to call in and have them switch it.

Otherwise.. if they are trying to do the PAP from your bank and it does fail and it not paid, they can send it to collections 😞

mike017
I'm a Regular

I have to say it's annoying that they have it so easy to set up online but no way to cancel it online, everytime I call I get a rep that knows nothing and it takes forever to get anything done and honestly I just don't have time to wast 20-30 minutes on a phone call just to change from PAP to them sending a bill.

Rogers has the worst customer service ever