changing bell phone to rogers pay as you go

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pm321
I've Been Here Awhile

changing bell phone to rogers pay as you go

I purchased a phone that was used with Bell network and I am a Rogers pay as you go user.  Do I need to have the network unlocked on Bell phone? Do I need to buy a new SIM card?  I would like to stay with Rogers, however will I need new Sim card?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: changing bell phone to rogers pay as you go

Hello pm321

All Bell phones are locked to Bell. You will need to unlock the Bell phone to have it work on Rogers. Once you unlock the phone, just pop in your Rogers sim card & it should work just fine as long as the phone networks are the same as Rogers networks.

No you will NOT need to buy a new sim card if you unlock the Bell phone or bring a unlocked phone over to Rogers paygo.

------------------------------------------------

Update:

Once you unlock the device you may be able to use your Rogers sim card in the unlocked device as long as the sim card fits, You may need a smaller or bigger sim card depending on the type of sim card that device takes. You can purchase a sim card for 9.99 at any Rogers Wireless or authorized dealer location. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pm321

All Bell phones are locked to Bell. You will need to unlock the Bell phone to have it work on Rogers. Once you unlock the phone, just pop in your Rogers sim card & it should work just fine as long as the phone networks are the same as Rogers networks.

No you will NOT need to buy a new sim card if you unlock the Bell phone or bring a unlocked phone over to Rogers paygo.

------------------------------------------------

Update:

Once you unlock the device you may be able to use your Rogers sim card in the unlocked device as long as the sim card fits, You may need a smaller or bigger sim card depending on the type of sim card that device takes. You can purchase a sim card for 9.99 at any Rogers Wireless or authorized dealer location. 

View solution in original post

hayyou
I've Been Around

i have a rogers simm card with a bold blackberry,,,

hello rogers community, i apologize for interrupting this thread.
i enjoy reading these forums and i need some of your expertise please.
i have a rogers simm card bold blackberry,may i use it with another service provider as a pay as u go subscriber or do i need to buy another simm card.
thank you in advance for your opinion.
cheers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hayyou

The phone must be unlocked to be used with another carrier. The Rogers sim card can Only be used with Rogers