cannot record on my DCX700 PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dixiecarr
I've Been Here Awhile

cannot record on my DCX700 PVR

Cannot record on my DCX700 in the Bedroom.

When I press the record it seems to work but it never records any programs.

It will not record in live mode either.

The DCX 3510 m works fine in my Living Room

Is there any way I can fix this?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: cannot record on my DCX700 PVR

Not necessarily a REPAIR, but yes, you would have to call, and have them send someone out (assuming its the same as in ontario).

Right out of the box, the whole home stuff doesnt just work.

They need to install a filter at the house (so that your shows are not viewable by people outside of your home), as well as they need to do a software push to the box to enable that feature.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not an expert on the moterola boxes (being in ontario, we have the cisco ones), but will try to help what i can.

The DCX700 from my understanding, is only a digital box.  It is only a tuner.. and not a PVR, so has no built in recording functions.

Now.. i am not sure, if with those boxes, there is the same thing out there as in ontario, with the whole home PVR setups.. where the HD boxes, can send signals to record or playback on another PVR in the house.
If this is available there.. this could be what you are trying to do?  It may not be set up correctly then.

dixiecarr
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes it talks to the main PVR or at least it is supposed too.

But mine does not and if I record a show on the main PVR it does not show up on the other as being recorded.

It appears they are not comunicating with each other and I have reset both boxes and still no results.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, just wanted to make sure of that point first 🙂

Is this a new setup? or was it that way before and just stoped working.
I am guessing with those boxes, they do need the 'setup' done on them for it to work, same as the cisco ones (the filter installed, and the 'whole home' software update on them.

I know signal is a big thing, as least on the cisco ones for this.. they needed to add a boster at my house, for my bedroom to work with it.. the cable signal was so bad.

dixiecarr
I've Been Here Awhile

It is a new setup.

We did not try it the first day as we did not know much about recording.

Everything else works fine just the record and playback of any recorded items from the main PVR.

I guess I will have to call for a service repair.

Thanks so much for your help.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not necessarily a REPAIR, but yes, you would have to call, and have them send someone out (assuming its the same as in ontario).

Right out of the box, the whole home stuff doesnt just work.

They need to install a filter at the house (so that your shows are not viewable by people outside of your home), as well as they need to do a software push to the box to enable that feature.

View solution in original post