cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

rakerman
I've Been Here Awhile

There is a kind of SMS message called Class 0 or Flash SMS that pops up immediately, cannot be blocked, and ignores Do Not Disturb settings.  This is an incredibly intrusive message and is now being used by spammers.

I have an iPhone 6S with iOS 9.2.1

How can I disable this functionality?  Will Rogers block all Class 0 messages from its network?

I do not want my nights and days to be interrupted with SMS messages I cannot block.

SMS Message - iPhone 6S - IMG_1066.jpgFlash SMS - iPhone 6S - IMG_1067.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

47 REPLIES 47

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

redgrandam
I've Been Here Awhile
I received one of these today to. Super annoying. Rogers please do something to allow us to block them.

Hi @redgrandam

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps with the exact date/time you receive the Class 0 Flash SMS message and we'll look into this issue for you.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

TL4
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here. Got this creepy message at 3:51PM Tuesday, Mar 22 2016. Isn't there a way to block these scams? Rogers, please do it.

IMG_1309[1].PNG

ZmeyOgnen
I've Been Here Awhile
I got this message just 10 minutes ago! Help please Rogers!

Hi @ZmeyOgnen and @TL4,

We can definitely assist you with your request. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next. 

Thanks, 

RogersZia 

ZmeyOgnen
I've Been Here Awhile

Done and copy of the message is attached too

ZmeyOgnen
I've Been Here Awhile

Must clarify that I am not using iPhone but Samsung Note Edge, apologies for mixing it with the iPhone.

ZmeyOgnen
I've Been Here Awhile

2016-03-22 19.43.31.jpg

Hello @ZmeyOgnen,

We sent you a PM via @CommunityHelps. Please check your message via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums or by clicking here.

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

rad3
I've Been Around

I got the same message from Rogers. Please block this from Rogers network or improve Rogers network security. My Telus friends don't recieve this.

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @rad3,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps with the exact date/time you receive the Class 0 Flash SMS message (if possible the from phone number) and we'll look into this issue for you.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

Billy12344567-
I've Been Around
Add me to the list, work me up at 232am

Rogers you have to stop these as they hijac phones and override all apps and alarms and silent modes, this is insane!

Hi @Billy12344567-,

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

We would definitely like to assist you, please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps with the exact date/time you receive the Class 0 Flash SMS message (if possible the from phone number). The next time you're logged into the forums click here and select the Compose New Message option.

Thanks, 

RogersArthur

howhark
I've Been Around

All well and good however my spammer has only provided 9 digits!!  333.330.000.....Now What?  

Just follow the advice provided earlier in the thread. Block the number and reply back to it with the word "STOP" so you don't receive the messages anymore.

I would like to chime in, I too recently have been getting text messages from some strange numbers like: 333-330-000, now It might not be the senders number, I know that rogers (and fido) have a number in the system that if someone emails your telephone number ie 4161111111@sms.rogers.com or some similar type of address cant remember, then the rogers is actually converting the email into an sms and showing that number as the sender,so thats why you cant block that number per say, and I also feel the number increments by one depending on the length of the message, ie": 333-330-001 something to that nature but I do not know exactly because I usually delete those numbers.

Last I checked there was no way for Rogers (or its sister company Fido) to block spammers from sending you span via the publicly available email address unless things have changed lately?

TL4
I've Been Here Awhile

OK this isn't about Class 0 but it is about intrusion. Just got this at about 10AM today. It's not even from a true phone number!IMG_1322.jpg How does it get sent twice to my message mailbox? Wierd and creepy.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
sender 22222-0000 means someone sent an email to your phone number@sms.rogers.com, I tested this myself and even though my cellphone is fido I still received this message. Emails are easier to spoof than sms numbers im guessing?

TL4
I've Been Here Awhile

Gosh, that seems so easy - unless you take into account these people are changing the number every time. See below:IMG_1328.PNGI don't even know what kind of phishing they want. The message is pointless, but maybe they just want you to open it and link to a phish site.

RogersArthur
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @TL4,

Thank you for your post. Your image SMS message and format looks similar to what @Pauly mentioned above. The message was sent from a computer using an application. If you try an online search using the key word: 'free SMS software for pc', you'll see several options out there. In response to your curious comment, the idea of sending a message with a link attached is for spamming / marketing, in order to get the recipient to access the link. Normally it's the application that's used automatically change the sending number.

Regards,

RogersArthur

So is there anything we can do about this? I keep getting text messages from these 9-digit numbers and I'm getting charged for them because I don't have a texting plan. I can't report it because Rogers took down their reporting service. How do I stop these?