cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

rakerman
I've Been Here Awhile

There is a kind of SMS message called Class 0 or Flash SMS that pops up immediately, cannot be blocked, and ignores Do Not Disturb settings.  This is an incredibly intrusive message and is now being used by spammers.

I have an iPhone 6S with iOS 9.2.1

How can I disable this functionality?  Will Rogers block all Class 0 messages from its network?

I do not want my nights and days to be interrupted with SMS messages I cannot block.

SMS Message - iPhone 6S - IMG_1066.jpgFlash SMS - iPhone 6S - IMG_1067.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

47 REPLIES 47

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Hi @justletmepost

Thank you for your patience, depending on the make, model and the software version of your device, there maybe a dedicated SMS blocking app you can use to block these types of spam messages.  You can report the text messages you keep getting from the 9-digit numbers to the Spam Reporting Centre here.

Hope this helps,

RogersArthur

Also getting bombarded by these 9-digit SMS spammers. This is getting pretty frustrating given its at least one or two per day.

Hi @rootstyle,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to receive the 9-digit SMS one or two times per day. Please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps for us to take a look at your account. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

ehcustomer
I've Been Around

same issue but on an iphone 5 os 9.2.1... recieved the message at 5 am this morning... should I be worried about my phone/information on my phone? Do you have a solution for these messages?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ehcustomer

Nothing to be worried about. They are spam messages just like those spam calls on home phones about duck cleaning and such.

gf50
I've Been Around

Very annoying SMS protocol!

-- -- --
3/7/2017

20170307_222951.jpg

Topic Stats