cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

rakerman
I've Been Here Awhile

There is a kind of SMS message called Class 0 or Flash SMS that pops up immediately, cannot be blocked, and ignores Do Not Disturb settings.  This is an incredibly intrusive message and is now being used by spammers.

I have an iPhone 6S with iOS 9.2.1

How can I disable this functionality?  Will Rogers block all Class 0 messages from its network?

I do not want my nights and days to be interrupted with SMS messages I cannot block.

SMS Message - iPhone 6S - IMG_1066.jpgFlash SMS - iPhone 6S - IMG_1067.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: cannot block Class 0 Flash SMS messages on iPhone

Hi @rootstyle,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to receive the 9-digit SMS one or two times per day. Please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps for us to take a look at your account. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Thanks,

RogersArthur

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @rakerman

I have never seen a Class 0 SMS before besides system messages. I'll tag our Resident Expert @Meowmix to provide some insight.

RogersShakir

adachiu_
I've Been Around

I received the same Flash SMS today. At first I thought my phone was hacked.

Hope something could be done about this before spammers abuse this feature even more.

MA4
I've Been Around

Well these guys must be getting rather clever, because the phone on the text message is only 9 numbers:  333-330-000

Dylanthalus
I Plan to Stick Around

I also got a message today, except it suggested I could become a personal shopper. These messages need to be blocked quickly. I get enough messages from Rogers proper. I don't need spammers on their network overwhelming my phone as well.

Dylanthalus
I Plan to Stick Around

any information on this yet?

We haven't seen any other reports of this issue from other customers. This thread is the first time I've seen this issue brought up to be honest.

Have you made any modifications to your phone software, such as jailbreaking or unlocking through a third party?

RogersCorey

rakerman
I've Been Here Awhile

It's an iPhone off the shelf from the Apple Store with a Rogers SIM.  No modifications.

Is the screenshot above the exact time at which you received this message? For us to be able to look into this, we'll need to know the exact time the message was received. Since it's a class 0, there's no timestamp like a regular SMS so it's a bit trickier for us to track.

RogersCorey

rakerman
I've Been Here Awhile

It's close to the exact time.  I woke up and took a screenshot.  Might have been 1:35 to 1:38.  I was not happy to be awakened.

chiufam
I Plan to Stick Around

My iPhone isn't jailbroken.

I attached the screenshot I took on the day I received the message (Feb. 20 7:44AM). The time is really close if not exactly the time I received the message.

IMG_6528.PNG

Dylanthalus
I Plan to Stick Around
Mine is an Samsung Galaxy S4 with no modifications, Rogers branded.

I'll screenshot the next message i get

Please PM us your phone number @CommunityHelps and I will further assist.  I'd like to look into this issue further for you. 

Thanks,

RogersCorey

seeker1
I've Been Around
I received one of these messages this morning as well. I did not think to take a screen shot. The message differed, but it was clearly spam.

starwatcher
I'm Here A Lot

I also received  a flash sms message this morning.

I have an iPhone 6 bought directly from the Apple Store in Ottawa.

Never jail broken.  Updated to current iOS version.

The message took over the full screen.

Came in around 6:55am.  I took a screen shot and it is time stamped.

Asks me to become a Mystery Shopper as well.  And to contact the email address:  jp@sunlifesurvey.com

IMG_1233.PNG

I clicked on Why did I receive this message and this other screen came up:

IMG_1232.PNG

This is extremly worrysome and instrusive.  Rogers has to find a way to block these.

I will send a PM.

I also received a flash sms message this morning.

I have an iPhone 5S bought directly from the Apple Store in Ottawa.  It has never been jail broken, and I always updated to current iOS versions as soon as updates are made available.

The message came in at about 8:36am(EST) and hijacked my phone; it took over the full screen.

I feel harassed and violated.  How did this happen without my consent?   How can I make it stop?  Rogers, please help!

IMG_4978.PNGIMG_4979.PNG

Hi @Styan,

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next. We would like to look into this further for you. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Quas
I've Been Here Awhile
Add me to the list of getting these spam messages. I received two this past Friday for the mystery shopper. Trying to find a way to block these as they are really annoying!

In the past couple of days, I have received multiple spam text messages in the middle of the night.  I know in the past you could report spam text messages to Rogers and get a $.15 credit for each one, but they stopped offering this service last year.  Is there any way to report this spam now?  I'm not doing it to get the bill credit, but I would like these to stop somehow.

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Add myself to the list to I got the message today on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Rogers should be able to stop this. What steps can weasily take?

Hi @AccordXTC,

Are you still having issues with receiving Class 0 Flash SMS messages to your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, If so please send a private message to our @CommunityHelps with the exact date/time you receive the Class 0 Flash SMS and we'll look into it for you.

Thanks,
RogersArthur