'cannot access recorded shows at this time'

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

'cannot access recorded shows at this time'

hi, i have a pvr in my living room, and 2 hd boxes in my 2 bedrooms. up until last week, i have been able to play back my recorded shows (that i have on my pvr) in my 2 bedrooms.  now it says 'cannot access recorded shows at this time'.  the rogers guy had set everything up for me in may, with splitters and the modem and all that jazz, however last week, i rearranged my room and therefore moved around some of the splitters. which i have checked, are the exact same set up just on the other side of the room. now when he installed the multiroom set up in may, he had attached a little white box to my baseboard which is plugged into an outlet, and had a cable wire running out of it. the only thing i can think of is that before my pvr and splitters were on one side of it as well as the line for the 2 rooms, and now the pvr is on the other side of it but my bedroom line (which splits again later) is still in the same position.

any ideas as to why i can't get my recorded shows in my bedrooms now. does it have to do with this little white box, bc nothing else has changed....

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 'cannot access recorded shows at this time'

Yeah, thats likely it.

That box, is a power injector.  Pretty much a booster.. and helps boost a weak signal.

Likely with the changes you made.. that some boxes are now out of the loop of getting the power feed from that.. and their signals may not be strong enough for the two way communications needed for the whole home.
(i had that, on my bedroom and they needed one installed).

Only other thing i could think of (without SEEING exactly what you are describing), would be that you may have set some boxes OUTSIDE of the MOCA filter.. so they are not in the same loop as the other boxes now.

All in all.. best call is to get a tech back out to re-arange it back at least in a way which works.

I've Been Around

The same thing happened to me. We're you able to find a solution
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF you are getting that message with the whole home setup, when on another box.

Firstly reboot the PVR box, just to make sure..

But beyond that.. its usually a signal issue between the two boxes.. could be something as simple as a splitter gone bad, etc.

As long as you dont have a bunch of self installed splitters, etc, a tech call is free and they can take a look at everything.

I've Been Here Awhile

i have not found a solution, even as of today.  have you thornlea?

I've Been Here Awhile

Gdkitty,

all the splitters that are here are from the rogers guy.  i have moved that moca filter (after actually googling set-ups and what the moca filter was lol) and followed the set ups to make sure that my boxes were all in the loop.  i have yet to rearrange everything back to the way it was.  however that i my next step, although im sure my boyfriend and child will be pretty annoyed that i moved that stuff again LOL.  i also made sure that that booster is in the correct position.  AND i have rebooted the pvr and boxes in the house.  my next step is to move the stuff back. then call a rogers tech. you said it was free? i assumed there would be a cost.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As long as you have not introduced anything of your own like your own splitter, etc it should be free.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pretty much just say 'I moved the location of the tv and now it's not working, I need help to make sure the setup is still correct'

I've Been Around

Pretty sure its costs 49.99$ for a tech to come over...this happened to me, and I dont know why it wont work

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tech visits are FREE.. unless the problem is user introduced.

While rogers is not liable for the lines inside your house, etc.. and a user must replace them at their own cost, etc.. they usually wont charge over different lines...
As long as other things are not put in... like splitters, etc..

There are a wide range of splitters out there.. MANY of them are not good enough quality / the right frequency to allow the cable signal through properly.

If one of these is introduced by the user.. and rogers tech comes in, and finds that one of these is what is causing the issue (and is fixed by removing it).. they could then charge you.

Best is to make sure that most of your line, lead back to one central point, directly if you can.  If not, make sure any split points are accessable.
Make sure rogers is the ones that put their splitters there, let them do the work, etc..

I have had roger with my parrents since its inception, and myself for over 9 years... with MANy tech calls, who have done work, replaced splitters, cleaned up signal issues, even replaced the line from the road, etc.. all without ever a charge from them.

When you call to have a tech out, they allways just put the disclaimer there, that there COULD be a charge.

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation