cancellation fees

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: cancellation fees

If you want to direct a question more directly at a rogers rep for a response.. you would be better to contact them via the other media venues of Facebook / Twitter, they seem to reply there.

As Meowmix said.. they dont always answer alot here.. as this is primarily a user to user help forum, not designed as a direct contact point for rogers.

I've Been Around

That's not really helpful AT ALL to anyone who obviously has ALREADY signed a contract...
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Mariannalhealey wrote:
That's not really helpful AT ALL to anyone who obviously has ALREADY signed a contract...

Well, with all due respect the operative word here is 'Contract'.

We need to remember that the onus is on the buyer to read and fully understand the terms before accepting and committing to a legally binding agreement.

Buyer Beware....as the saying goes.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
I've Been Around

I have been Rogers customer for more than 15 years and finally (poor service and high cost) decided to switch to another carrier.

Called Roger and as you said also not get simple/straight answer... Willing to pay satted penalty but seems still have to give them 30 day notice. What a non sense..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, it's ALL the carriers which have the 30 day cancel policy. Smiley Sad

There are groups trying to get the crtc to remove this currently.

I've Been Around

cancellation fees

My oldest daughter just switched over to Koodo as she bought a new phone and no longer wanted to be on the family plan. Before cancelling she was assured by the Rogers rep in Costco there would be no charges as she had fulfilled the three yr contract. I received my online bill today and her phone was charged a $100 Early Cancellation fee. Online help is unavailable, can't fix through the kiosk as manager is rarely there....How would I get this addressed?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

cancellation fees

Hello TraceyS

You would need to call into Rogers or message then via Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps and see what they can do for u. They should be able to explain what the charges are for and why your daughter got charged the fee. From what i know, older plans have that fee but not when the contact is actually finished. Best to call in and find out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

cancellation fees

As meowmix said.. you would need to call into Rogers directly, or via the other methods.

The old 3 year contracts, did have the ECF.. but shouldnt have been charged, if the contract was over.

It was over 100% to the day?
Even if you canceled a day early.. it could triger the ECF

I'm a Reliable Contributor

cancellation fees

Hello TraceyS

From what I've encounted with the older contracts, there used to be a minimum cancellation fee of $100 even if there was only a few days remaining. I guess it could come down to an error of communication, although I'm not defending the Costco representative, more or less playing "devils advocate" to bring up possibilities.

The representative is correct, had the contract been fulfilled, there would have been no large cancellation fees aside from the standard $12.50 service deactivation fee. This is where the breakdown occurs. The issue is that the contract was not completed, and the best resolution would be to find out if it was a legitimate contract or one done so in error. This is definitely something you're going to have to contact them about as Meowmix and GD both advised. Some good questions to ask would be:

-What is the contract start and/or end date for this line?

-On the data that the contract renewed, what changes took place for this line?

Hope this makes it a bit easier for you at getting resolution and best of luck. Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers are the biggest crooks. After being a customer for 20 years I upgraded to a new iphone 6s, first bill came in @ $1400. I cancelled everything in the same day all my services with rogers, paid them out $1100 and change and now 2 months later they charge me another $872.50. A new iphone 6s has now cost me over $1800. Don't ever go with rogers they are unprofessional, and will try to use the fact they report to your credit bureau to screw you over and charge you what they want even though it's not right. And you as a customer have no choice but to pay what they say or it will ruin your credit, like they are currently trying to do to me. I make 6 figures and it isn't about the money to be paid, it's the principal they pull on the regular with all customers.