cancellation fees

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: cancellation fees

For people, still under the OLD contract basis.. this can sometimes be true.. it varried from around 13-$20 a month, plus an outright cancelation fee.

This is why, it has all changed already.. about a year ago, with the FLEX TAB.

Any new 'contract' are not really true contracts, as least in the way they were before.  They are on the flex tab.  Its really just the repayment for the hardware credit.
Lets say you have a $500 hardware credit.  500/36 months = 13.89, which is subtracted from what you owe of the hardware credit each month.
This is listed ON your contract, when you sign up.  Its there, i have seen it.  Ontop of that, it outlines how much the cancelation is ontop of that, which there is no more ECF for a flex tab, etc.. you just pay the hardware credit, and i beleive its $13.  Thats it.  And its all laid out in the contract.

Now, you may have to call in, to find out how many months exactly left.. with a partial month, could be a +/- one payment amount.  But if you have the contract, you should be able to see when you started, and calculate that value out yourself.

I've Been Around

cancellation fees

I have about 5 months left in my current contract, and I was wondering what the cancellation fee would be?  i live in manitoba, and now with the introduction of bell here; teuls and bell are offering a plan with 2gbs of data, unlimited nationwide calling, caller id and voicemail, along with 10 hours of bell tv for only $55 a month. these plans have intrigued me to switch over to one of those carriers  and rogers has nothing near that, so that is the background info of why i want to know cancellation fees.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For a straight out cancelation, you would be best to call.

Myrogers account info would show an early upgrade pricing, but not any other cancelation fees.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had it with Rogers. In the past few months I have spoken to many customer service and retention people, nevermind the most ignorant rude and Internet tech support I have ever experienced. I was promised credits by One CS with confirmation number, only to have it revoked by another who basically called his coworker who authorized the initial credits an incompetent. Rogers lies, changes your contract terms with no authorization, false bills for services you don't have, calls you a liar, denies existence of managers in the tech support call centers.. Etc 

I managed to cancel my pathetic Internet service and switched to Bell after my hacked service would not be acknowledged or addressed by ignoramus tech level 1.

Unfortunately I am in a contract of 2 yrs for cable and 3 for wireless. I am very tempted to pay the thousand dollars it would likely cost me to rid myself of this nightmare completely and switch to Bell Fibe tv and wireless. 

I'm sick of lies and phoney contract terms I don't have in writing yet seem legally bound to.

Honestly I can't believe this company gets away with fraud like this.

Disgusted.

I Plan to Stick Around

I asked at the store what the formula was and no employee even knew! Each customer service person seems to have a different story.
Crooks
I've Been Here Awhile

yea..im in the exact same bout...have about 7 months left and want to switch to bell...but yeah..i'd like to know what the cancellations fees will be too.  rogers can't match anything.

**edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You are best to call in to get the info.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just cancelled my cellphone family plan. Normal cost, 65.00 a month for my phone, 15.00 a month for each of the other 2 phones. Final bill has all 3 phones at 65.00 each. There was still 6 months left on the contract but bill includes another month in lieu of not giving 30 days notice.That leaves 5 months to be attributed to the ecf but the ecf is for 6 months. This is going to be corrected. Rogers will correct it or a court will. Cable and internet are not under contract. It wasn't my intention to cancel those but it is now. Way to go rogers. You've lost a customer for life.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ceggen

Rogers always adds another month on top of the current month u have when canceling. If you read the contract u have it does say a 30 day notice will be needed. A court? Good luck. The court will do nothing sadly as they will throw out the case.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello ceggen

Rogers always adds another month on top of the current month u have when canceling. If you read the contract u have it does say a 30 day notice will be needed. A court? Good luck. The court will do nothing sadly as they will throw out the case.

Unfortunately, i agree with meowmix on this.  Now, neither him or I, are taking rogers SIDE on this though.. saying its right or should be that way.

But as he says.. the contract does show it that way.. as well as the Terms of Use, say that any disputes will be settled via arbitration.

Pretty much.. would end up throwing the case out, due to above. Smiley Sad

Again, not saying its RIGHT to do... but its the way it is.

And unfortunately, its not only rogers.  MOST of the carriers, have the 30 day cancelation thing, and do it the exact same way.