cancellation fees

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: cancellation fees

Hello amarjeet123

Like GDkitty said, IF Rogers finds out you moved to a area with service, they can legally take you to court & take legal action as you are lying. They can also ruin your credit as they will end up adding the cancellation fee + whatever else is owned. The account will be handed over to the collections & then your credit goes down to the lowest rating.

I would not suggest anyone taking Amarjeet123 suggestion. This can be bad on your part & have Rogers cause lawsuits & legal action.
I Plan to Stick Around

I means to say that Rogers usually cancel the services  without any  fee , when you have to move out of canada or where they do not have service . I never said that  some one have to tell a lie .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, they might let you out of a contract/cancelation fees due to that. But any hardware credit you still owe could be due.

I've Been Around

My cellphone plan is $53.

My contract expired on Nov 3, 2012.

I cancelled the plan on Oct 27, 2012.

Rogers charged me $121,20 for early cancellation fee.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xuwei

Most likely in your case they charged you the months advance + $12.95 termination fee + whatever the cancellation fee was. If you want more info, contact Rogers and they will explain it more.
I've Been Around

The problem is that even the Rogers reps can't explain the cancellation fees.  Here's a good breakdown of what the fees are, and the experience with the reps.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The reps SHOULD be able to explain that to you... i have had it explained to me by a number of reps on the phone and in the store...
Likely, just a poor training on the reps, which seems the norm sometimes Smiley Sad

But that link does have a good breakdown.

Those fees, as well, i beleive are listed in the contract paperwork, as well.

Also to take note, those are the old contract ways as well.. under the new flextab, it is a little different.

I've Been Here Awhile

xuwei - I ported my number on November 25th.  My contract end on December 22nd.  My final bill was $159.xx.  This included a month of service plus $100 EFC.  My terms of service indicate that ECF is $20/month, minimum of $100.

I managed to get my final bill reduced to $39.xx.  See, when porting, you are charged an additional 30 days of service.  Since I ported on November 25th, this 30 day fee took me to December 25th.  I called Rogers and ask them why I was charged an ECF.  M bill clearly shows that I'm paying for service up to December 25th, taking me beyond my contract end date.  The Rep credited me the ECF immediately.  Took 18 minutes, that includes the 10 minutes of wait for the rep.

To make it short, look at your bill.  If you are being charged for services beyond your contract end date, call and get them to reverse the ECF. 

I've Been Around

Rogers changed it recently. The device sbsidaries is what you are looking at. It also depends if you have data you have to pay a fee for the data cancellation for the remainder of your month with themIf you hIt's a total rip off. If you have a MUCH better deal with another provider or something just sign on with them and cancel your contract with Rogers. With a year left the penalty shouldn't be that stift. 

I've Been Here Awhile

why can't I see the link?? 

Topic Stats