cancellation fees

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: cancellation fees

Unfortunately yes Smiley Sad

There are too many people out there that lie, cheat, on only do stuff if it benifits them, with no consideration of other human beings ;(

I've Been Here Awhile

Thats hardly a suggestion.

I've Been Around

If you are moving outside of the Rogers service area, they have to free you from the contract without penalty. Make sure when you are speaking to the service rep, that you make this clear. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have a link to where it says that? Not that I don't trust you on it , I like jus having them bookmarked.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t1023.htm

This one shows that for local, says you are required to fulfill your contractual obligations. So if you stay just switch providers you have to fulfill the contract.

But the document nor none in that area, actualy do cover OUT of the local area. So people moving out of country, etc. prob have to provide some sort of document as proof of residency elsewhere.

I Plan to Stick Around

Kitty pulled out "Canadian Radio and Telecommunications Commission" to talk, Kitty is a lawyer, you know too much about laws. Thanks for the info though.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know lots about the legalities and I'm not a lawyer. just because someone is trying to provide helpfull info and is very knowledgable, it should not be assumed they are lawyers. GDKitty, are you a lawyer?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nope. I just have a lot of friends who like to say "this is against the law" sort of thing without knowing the law. So I try and educate myself on these things as much as I can. The Internet is a great thing as so much of he info is freely available.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just think of otherwise ! If You wont cancel it , how much you will be paying in   6 months almost same .So Just get it cancel and you will save more on your bills .

I Plan to Stick Around

make sure that you are telling them that you are moving out of coverage area . They might give you some concession
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would only work IF you are moving out I the coverage area. By lieing about it, to get out of a contract, could be considered bad on your part and allow them to take legal action.

Topic Stats