cancellation fees

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

cancellation fees

Okay so I have 10 months (solong!) on my plan left and need to figure out how much i have to pay to cancel my current plan vs paying the charge to get a new phone now. I'm looking to get the samsung galaxy s3.... where do i go to find out how much itll cost on the website... very confusing!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: cancellation fees

Hello Alynne

If you want to know what the upgrade fee will be, it will be right here. Sign into My Rogers > Overview > Check Upgrade Eligibility.

If you want to know your cancellation fees, you will need to contact Rogers & ask the rep how much they will be. Call from your cellphone (*611)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Alynne

If you want to know what the upgrade fee will be, it will be right here. Sign into My Rogers > Overview > Check Upgrade Eligibility.

If you want to know your cancellation fees, you will need to contact Rogers & ask the rep how much they will be. Call from your cellphone (*611)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

HI

I want to cancel my Rogers account and I want to know how much I will pay for the fees as I have got a blackberry when I set up for rogers. It was a 3year plan and it has been already 25 months.

Thank you

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A full out cancel, is a little different than using an upgrade.

Usualy the same X amount per month, of however many months are left.. plus a cancelation fee, if its a full out cancel, not using the service at all anymore.

This SHOULD be on your contract, if you have it.

The only other real way for this that i know of, is calling billing to find out.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Did you figure out how much you would owe?? I still have 15 months left on my contract and I HATE my phone. I really want to get a different one but am worried it is going to cost a lot of money.

Thanks!!! 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It really varries from person to person.. the phone, number of months, etc.

I am sitting at 13 months, and at about $159 when i looke a week or two ago.. so i would EXPECT more than that, likely.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JamieM

You can always contact Rogers and find out via phone call or Rogers Live Chat. They will give you the answer you want. If the upgrade fee is a lot, you can call Rogers and ask to speak to a Rogers Retentions team. They may be able to bring down the price for u if u ask them nicely or have a reason.