cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

mouse
I've Been Around

is anyone else out there experirncing trouble actually accessing call manager????

***edited labels***

57 REPLIES 57

Re: can't access call manager from online account when click Manage My Call Manager

That the call manager, works in previous itterations.. and in other browsers... doesnt that lead to it being a FF problem and not rogers?

Not saying that rogers shouldnt update it to be able to work with newer ones..

but this is a fairly common thing with browsers.

We are only now just putting IE 9 on our users computers here at work (yes, make all the comments you want about using IE.. but IE is remote managable via group policy).

As there are STILL no 100% specific standards on the internet.. there is such a wide variety, that it is hard to have them work with 100% of the browsers 100% of the time.. espeicaly when a new one comes out that breaks it.. they have to figure whats breaking it, fix it, etc.

Heck... i still have 2 users still using IE 6.. as a company we deal with, their site stuff we have to access.. STILL wont work on anything higher, or alternate browswers 😛

Re: can't access call manager from online account when click Manage My Call Manager

Crispy
I've Been Here Awhile

I finally got my call manager working a couple months back after checking. go to "tools", "internet options", "advanced", and under the security settings make sure SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, and TLS 1.0 are ticked. Then it will work. for IE.

but then the chat support told me the reason it wasn't working after I edited the rules was the call manager was 'down'. it's amazing how little tech support users know about anything.. on the phone (in this case you can't get help on the phone which is frustrating enough) or on tech support... today I tried again.. and finally found someone who said IE8 only would work or firefox 3.6 I was unable to do this on my windows 7 as I had a higher version of  IE 8.. but on my xp computer it worked finally! yay!!

Crispy
I've Been Here Awhile

oops. scratch that.. I called my phone from my friends phone with *67 to block and it gave a message saying the number was not working... but just now received a blocked call... so ignore my ecstatic previous reply.. back to drawing board 😞

addition: I downloaded Firefox 3.6 and it finally worked. pain in the butt definitely.. but totally worth it to block harassing callers. Whew!

Re: can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

Rhonda
I've Been Here Awhile

Call Manager will work with IE 7.0 and FireFox 3.6.  If you are using a later version you have 2 options: 1.  Download one of the two compatible browsers, or 2. register for Rogers One Number and use this service to block calls.  To block texts you will need to use Call Manager with a compatible browser, as Rogers One Number will block calls only.

Re: can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

dereksmall7
I'm Here A Lot

Is the Call Manager add on still available?  I have looked all through the Rogers website and can find it anywhere?

Thanks...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Try this link : https://www.callmanager.ca/jsp/index.jsp

Also be advised that the Call Manager from Rogers does not work with the new updated web browsers. Search the forums and you will see it.You need to have paid for this & have it active on your account. Log into My Rogers -  Overview & you will see it there.

Not sure where that link is supposed to go...but it just brought me to the Overview page page of the My Rogers site.

Usually with add-ons you can just select which one you want and you're good to go...but I can't even find where to add it to my services...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I just called in and they told me they removed it from the online. You need to call Rogers and have them add it to your account. I was just looking for it my self as well and cant seem to find it at the add on page.

Just give them a call and have then add it to your account.

mrserin
I've Been Around

I really wish Rogers would have told me this on the phone today when they suggested I purchase Call Manager. I'm just trying to help a senior citizen with their phone who wishes to block harrassing phone calls. I run a Mac at home but driven to 2 friends' places and their browsers are too new as well. Not happy. Please fix this, Rogers, or at least give people the heads up.

straightA-UBC
I've Been Around

Call manager CAN be accessed with IE9!! 

You just click the call manager link from the my account page. 

Then you will be given a few security warnings - you will have to click 'show all content'  for both warnings. 

Then you click the edit button (this button does not show up unless you clicked '' show all content' twice). 

Once you are at the call manager page, you have to go into compatibility mode by clicking the small broken page icon in the search bar (to the right of the magnifying glass icon).  This will allow the page to load properly. 

Again, you will be given a warning and you need to again select 'show all content'. 

It is quite a hassle, but after you have clicked 'show all content' that final time, you are able to make changes to your call manager!!

Good Luck!

kfromktown
I've Been Around
Me too,,, I am paying for sonething I cant get

cyonca
I've Been Here Awhile
Yes Rogers are crap. There is a solution in IE9: hit the F12 button which will open up a compatibility view at the bottom. In the mini menu shown there click on Browser Mode and select IE8 and that should work. Good luck!

Hi all!  I recently found myself looking to block a number of some idiot calling me night and day.  I have only found one solution and it worked.  This is a little brief, but if you have gone this far...you more than likely are capable of doing these 3 tasks to block Ex-GFs, crazy callers, or that auto dialer that tells you that you've won a trip.

1. Register for the Rogers One Number, go thru the whole process! Don't forget to enter the PIN you recieve via text on your web browser. It doesn't cost you anything as long as you don't subscribe to any of the extra services.

2. Download and install the Rogers One Number software onto your computer and sign in.  You will be prompted to do this in your browser.  I'm using IE9, but worked great in IE8 as well.

->Don't bother with this right now, you can come back and play with this later!

3. Goto the website version now for Rogers One Number,

https://www.rogersonenumber.ca

login fill in the info you want during the initial logon process, and once you're done, voila! A pop up will appear in the text notification area....go to this, you will also recieve on your phone.

Note: From your browser you can navigate to the Call Manager -> Works Great

More interesting and useful is next!

-You will recieve a text from Rogers for for 2 free apps. Do not connect to a WiFi network for this!

A.)Install the Rogers One contact list, its OK, can be useful

B.) Attempt to install the second app. An error may occur. Don't worry, go to the mobile weblink, it should redirect you right there. BOOK MARK THIS LINK!  It will allow you to manage and block numbers to your mobile phone.

A little effort and all of our problems are solved.

Thanks!! This worked like a charm

Diane7492737855
I've Been Around

How do I call manager it won't let me connect and I want to block a call , help anyone ?

Try this link, which is a Call Manager tutorial: http://downloads.rogers.com/wireless/video/CallManager/setup.html

I use Rogers One Number for blocking calls. A comment I read on the Rogers site somewhere suggests Call Manager is a service you have to sign up for and it may cost you money. Of course, you may have it already. If so, just follow the tutorial.

As you've posted in the Apple forum, I assume you have an iPhone? If so, and it's at least an iPhone 4, do the update to iOS 7. It has a number blocking feature. I haven't tried it, but assume it works.

gramper
I've Been Here Awhile

i cant get the  call manager to completly show all the options of blocking etc, using firefox 24.0

Yeah.. the call manager  and some of the other myrogers stuff... sometimes acts funny with Chrome, FF, etc.

Not that you will want to.. but it SHOULD load OK in IE.. at least to do the management.

gramper
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for your input

gramper
I've Been Here Awhile

ahhh! got it compatibility view IE thanks again 😉

questionforyou
I've Been Around

yes. online can't help, called in - no help, checked with a store and they can't help. It looks like the actual link is broken.

Topic Stats