can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: can't access call manager from online account when click Manage My Call Manager

Agreed but no one will just go to a older version of Firefox just to edit the rules. Its pretty sad Rogers a Multi million dollar company can not fix the Call Manager so it can work with the new Firefox & new updates for all the web broswers. I for one am going to write a complaint about this to the Toronto star. Its pretty sad for Rogers not to update this feature that many people use. I guess they think everyone uses older PC's with older software...
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: can't access call manager from online account when click Manage My Call Manager

That the call manager, works in previous itterations.. and in other browsers... doesnt that lead to it being a FF problem and not rogers?

Not saying that rogers shouldnt update it to be able to work with newer ones..

but this is a fairly common thing with browsers.

We are only now just putting IE 9 on our users computers here at work (yes, make all the comments you want about using IE.. but IE is remote managable via group policy).

As there are STILL no 100% specific standards on the internet.. there is such a wide variety, that it is hard to have them work with 100% of the browsers 100% of the time.. espeicaly when a new one comes out that breaks it.. they have to figure whats breaking it, fix it, etc.

Heck... i still have 2 users still using IE 6.. as a company we deal with, their site stuff we have to access.. STILL wont work on anything higher, or alternate browswers 😛

Crispy
I've Been Here Awhile

I finally got my call manager working a couple months back after checking. go to "tools", "internet options", "advanced", and under the security settings make sure SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, and TLS 1.0 are ticked. Then it will work. for IE.

but then the chat support told me the reason it wasn't working after I edited the rules was the call manager was 'down'. it's amazing how little tech support users know about anything.. on the phone (in this case you can't get help on the phone which is frustrating enough) or on tech support... today I tried again.. and finally found someone who said IE8 only would work or firefox 3.6 I was unable to do this on my windows 7 as I had a higher version of  IE 8.. but on my xp computer it worked finally! yay!!

Crispy
I've Been Here Awhile

oops. scratch that.. I called my phone from my friends phone with *67 to block and it gave a message saying the number was not working... but just now received a blocked call... so ignore my ecstatic previous reply.. back to drawing board 😞

addition: I downloaded Firefox 3.6 and it finally worked. pain in the butt definitely.. but totally worth it to block harassing callers. Whew!

Rhonda
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

Call Manager will work with IE 7.0 and FireFox 3.6.  If you are using a later version you have 2 options: 1.  Download one of the two compatible browsers, or 2. register for Rogers One Number and use this service to block calls.  To block texts you will need to use Call Manager with a compatible browser, as Rogers One Number will block calls only.

dereksmall7
I'm Here A Lot

Re: can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

Is the Call Manager add on still available?  I have looked all through the Rogers website and can find it anywhere?

Thanks...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Try this link : https://www.callmanager.ca/jsp/index.jsp

Also be advised that the Call Manager from Rogers does not work with the new updated web browsers. Search the forums and you will see it.You need to have paid for this & have it active on your account. Log into My Rogers -  Overview & you will see it there.

dereksmall7
I'm Here A Lot

Not sure where that link is supposed to go...but it just brought me to the Overview page page of the My Rogers site.

Usually with add-ons you can just select which one you want and you're good to go...but I can't even find where to add it to my services...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I just called in and they told me they removed it from the online. You need to call Rogers and have them add it to your account. I was just looking for it my self as well and cant seem to find it at the add on page.

Just give them a call and have then add it to your account.

mrserin
I've Been Around

I really wish Rogers would have told me this on the phone today when they suggested I purchase Call Manager. I'm just trying to help a senior citizen with their phone who wishes to block harrassing phone calls. I run a Mac at home but driven to 2 friends' places and their browsers are too new as well. Not happy. Please fix this, Rogers, or at least give people the heads up.