cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

mouse
I've Been Around

is anyone else out there experirncing trouble actually accessing call manager????

***edited labels***

57 REPLIES 57

Re: can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

i dont have the feature, so cant check myself..

SOmeone else, who does have it, would have to check it currently.

This thread, was from quite a while back, when the section was down for a few months... which was resolved.
So if its completely odwn, may be another seperate instance of this.

Re: can't access call manager from online acccount when click Manage My Call Manager

Manage My Call Manager isn't working with Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. Is this service still available? I'm paying for it so I'm assuming it is.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nameforforum

Indeed it does work on Internet Explorer BUT you must set the page on Compatible View in order to use it.

nameforforum
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried setting my Internet Explorer page to Compatibility View and it still doesn't work.

My next question is why is it that a billion dollar communications company can't create a simple web service that functions properly with all types of browsers? Is this just some kind of scam that you use to squeeze another $5 a month out of people?

The reason I need my Call Manager to work is because I've been getting a unsettling amount of blocked calls, particularly late at night. It might be nothing but chances are it's some lunatic on the other end getting off on harassing people. I find it very disturbing that Rogers cares so little about it's customers that they can't even ensure that a simple privacy safeguard like the ability to block anonymous calls works properly. The fact that we have to pay for this at all is absurd. The fact that, again, A COMMUNICATIONS company, can't get it's website working properly is absolutely insulting. 

My next email is going to be to the editors of both the Toronto Star and the Toronto Sun to let them know that Rogers add-ons are a blatant scam. I'm also going to let them know that in the age of cyber bullying and intimidation, Rogers is openly apathetic to the fact that their customers are being harassed! Thanks for nothing!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nameforforum

Hmm it works for me. Have you tried a older version of Internet Explorer? Not really as scam to be honest . They offered it for free with any new plan before and i think its the same now. You can call into Rogers and see if they can give you a $5 credit towards your bill each month to off set it. I do agree they need to start opening pages that works and are compatible with all browsers and new ones too

You emailing the editors of the Toronto Star and Toronto Sun won't do much to be honest. They won't even air it or anything. Remember if its not something major, they won't do anything. All they will do is tell you they will read it and that's all. Many have done the same as u and no result.

davidmckee
I've Been Here Awhile

Under MyRogers overview I click on "Manage Call Manager" and it just opens another window with MyRogers overview in it. No redirect to Call Manager

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello davidmckee

Yes this is a issue with Rogers. They did NOT upgrade the Call Manager page to be used with new & updated browswers. Sadly even with the new IE you can add it on Compatibility view & still does the same.

You may need to uninstall the new IE & re install the old IE for it to work.

Firefox / Chrome & other browser were never supported either.

davidmckee
I've Been Here Awhile

Nope nothing...uninstalled IE11 to IE10...did not work...uninstalled IE10 to IE9 still does not work...any idea when they might fix this?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello davidmckee

When you installed IE 9, did you add callmanager. Ca on the compatibility view? If not try that and see.

If still the same, then Sadly there is not other resolution to fix this. This is something Rogers developers for the page need to fix.

davidmckee
I've Been Here Awhile
Still nothing. I believe I am at an intermediate level when it comes to tech issues. I started with IE11 and have now downgraded all the way down to IE8..nothing has worked. I have tried running in compatability view, disabling popup blockers, lowering all security and privacy settings, manually adding both rogers and callmanger.ca to the compatability list. Turned off enabled protected mode. Even ran a virtual XP on my windows PC using IE6 to no avail.

Have been transferred back and forth between tech I don't think they know what the issue is.

I have tried my work laptop, home laptop, home pc, windows xp pro, windows 7 and windows xp home...nothing. Of course IE is terrible I actually don't use it due the buggy nature of it...it is a shame this won't work on Chrome or FF...It seems also other than me calling support to block a number every time I want something blocked there is no other way to do it.

davidmckee
I've Been Here Awhile

The other problem is you could never talk to a developer and support just calls it a user issue...

I imagine many others have the same issue and either cancel the service or bug support to update numbers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello davidmckee

It most likely is something to do with the site not working properly. I do agree they need to have the developers know BUT at the same time it could be that the developers don't really wanna come here and post or speak you customers. Either way Rogers needs to fix this or take down the service completely

charmmar
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same issue of another client asking how to get to call management on your website? Yes I have call management and when I click on the link, it goes no where. I have called Rogers about 5 times about this and still nothing can be done. I think I should call NASA lol.

I want to be able to go to rogers webpage click on call management then go to the site for blocking numbers then put the numbers I want to block like I am supposed to do.

Please help getting mad lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello charmmar

Rogers and the developers of Call Manager haven't updated it to be used with the newer IE and other browsers. I have had it since it come out and for the past 2 years never worked. I would highly suggest downloading a third party app that will block calls or download Rogers One number which has this feature in it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TigerEROS

I agree with that. They need to revamp the site and make it work. It's a shame because this feature is a pretty good one and Rogers development doesn't want or care to fix it is.

Re: can't access call manager from online account when click Manage My Call Manager

TigerEROS
I Plan to Stick Around

I've tried using every version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer and NOT one of them work despite their tech department indicating that IE 8 works ...

At work, we have IE 8 but it gives an error message of

We noticed that you're not using the latest version of your browser. You'll still be able to use our site, but it might not work or look the way it's supposed to. We recommend upgrading your browser. FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or the latest version of Internet Explorer. [details]

I proceeded to go to Products and Services and selected the number that has the Call Manager ... nowhere is the LINK for Managing Call Manager.

So why would you have a message indicating that the customer is NOT using the latest version of the Browser when it is claimed that IE8 works with Call Manager?  It doesn't.