cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i buy a usb connector for my new corby plus?

flower_petals
I'm Here A Lot

i just don't want to have to remove the battery constantly to take out the mem card- thanks (wish it wasn't located there)

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: can i buy a usb connector for my new corby plus?

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Yes your device supports connection via USB. I believe one is shipped with the device. I recommend giving your local store (http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=store_locator&customer_type=Residentia...) a call to see if they sell any.

If not you may be able to find one with an online retailer or contact Samsung at 1-800-726-7864.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Yes your device supports connection via USB. I believe one is shipped with the device. I recommend giving your local store (http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=store_locator&customer_type=Residentia...) a call to see if they sell any.

If not you may be able to find one with an online retailer or contact Samsung at 1-800-726-7864.

I'm new to Rogers, to my Corby Plus (Samsung GT-B3410R) and to this community. 

I was looking for related information, and this thread was helpful, but I have subsequent questions.

My phone didn't come with a micro SD memory card. I presume I can buy one and install it according to the User Manual. 

If I do, would I then be able to: 

1) store photos taken by the camera on the SD card?   In this regard, can the phone be set to do this or would I still have to transfer them from the phones memory to the SD card manually?

2) in line with the original post, would I then be able to transfer the photos directly to a PC via the USB cable?  (My phone didn't come with a USB cable, but again, I'd be prepared to get one if it will do the job.)  And, would this require any special software, or will the PC (e.g. WinXP or 7) recognize the camera memory?

Hello plain_OM,

You can certainly pick up an SD card and use that to transfer the pictures you take from the camera to your SD card. You can certainly transfer the pictures from the device to the SD card.

Regarding your second question by default if you do have a sd card inserted into the device it will save your pictures to the sd card by default. If you do not have an sd card inserted into the device it will save it to the device. This option is set in: camera -> settings -> (second page) -> you will see storage. This option is also changeable once you have the SD card inserted into the device.

Regarding your third question yes you do require some sort of synchronizing software which installs the drivers for the device to transfer the media from your device to your computer and vice versa. I believe with most Samsung devices you can use Samsung kies or Samsung Kies mini. This of course is supported directly through Samsung. You can certainly visit www.samsung.com and download the software.

Thanks for the reply.

Based on it, I see installing an SD card to facilitate taking and transferring photos.

However, I checked the samsung.com website for information about Kies.  As far as I can tell, it's only for the Samsung Wave. 

(See "Supported Phones" at the bottom of this page:  http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as  )

I also downloaded the Kies user manual. It's about downloading and using apps -- there's nothing about transferring data from the phone to the PC, although that might be only a secondary intent so it's not covered.  But it does leave me with some uncertainty. 

I`ll see about getting an SD card which, at the least, can be used to record photos and then it can be removed and read in a separate card reader.  Not very convenient (as another thread here notes) but doable.

Appreciate any clarification on the use of Kies.  In the meantime, thanks for the information so far.

PayGo-user
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know about the Samsung Corby, but with my Nokia C3 it works the way like you would use an usb-stick or a card reader on your PC/laptop.

You plug the usb-cable into both, the PC/laptop and your cellphone. Then open your windows explorer and you can see the new device. Just drag and drop whatever you like (pictures, videos, music etc.) from/to your PC/laptop/cellphone.

In my opinion it should work with every cellphone, offering the features of taking pictures, videos etc.

The usb-connector ... you can get probably the original ones, I got mine for example online on a very popular auction and shopping website for very, very little money, but it works.

Good luck

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation