box display -01-

internet is working fine.

***Edited Labels***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: cable tv outage?

jkroesen
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You can check for any outages by going to rogers.com/support  

scroll to the bottom and you will see an area to put in your address it will allow you to see any outages in your area, rather it be cabel, cell, internet etc... 

Experiencing a Network Issue? (check status) is the box to click 

Its easy to use and also lets your report an issues if its states there isn't any known issues... .

Give it a try!!! 

I entered your location and got 

Bloor St W, Islington - City Centre West, ON, Canada

All of our networks appear to be functioning normally.

If you are experiencing an issue, please let us know so we can serve you bette

That is actually sweet. 😮
I didn't know you can report something after searching. Cool I learned something new. ^__^

Thanks @jkroesen

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

WRONG

that address redirects to

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/support

and I cannot see any place to enter info to check for outage.

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around

reloaded the page a few times

now the Experiencing a Network Issue? shows up but says its for wireless

my broble was about cable tv not wireless.

I cannot find any means of checking on the status of your cable network,

btw at the time tou said there was no problem in my area another tech said there was.

jkroesen

I wasn't WRONG LOL 

my link will get you there then you find network issues 

it will take you to http://www.rogers.com/web/content/support?N=42+11+483&Nr=AND%28Language%3AEN%2CProvince%3AON%2CRecor...

From there you need to select either wireless ,cable, internet, home phone, smart home, monitoring, ect.... 

it will give you the details in the area 

jkroesen
Right under where it reads:

choose the product /service you'd like help with:

From there click cable

jkroesen
Ok maybe i was - I just assumed that by click on the product it would do the same as when under the wireless... My mistake... not the 1st and wont be the last...

Just trying to help.. no need to sound rude about it... again we are users not employees

I read the "WRONG" as Lex Luther from the Superman movie.

WrongLex.jpg

lol - But @jkroesen it was still an insightful tip, thank you.

@dauthiatull from what I know, Customer service can open your account and see if there is known issue in the area, Otherwise Tech support is the only one with full knowledge as the have took kits and master ticket system that updates them.

If it is a widely known issue, the Phone system (IVR) has a message when you call in to tech.

Hope this helps clear up the outage question.

As for your original post;

-01- is usually when it's downloading content. Usually it happens at night around 2:00am. You can always reset the box if it is stuck on -01- as it is trying to load the firmware. If it doesn't work, your box may be glitched and need replacing but don't jump to that conclusion, a system power-boot will do the trick.

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around
01 according to cisco is " no signal " firmware download actually displays dlnd on the box. As for the outage it was confirmed by a rogers tech who ran a test that showed no signal for others in the area.

O__o then why do I get -01- alot? AH! That is interesting.

Though I see no issues with my box (or any signal or outage in mississauga).

I don't work in tech dept, I purely discuss this based on personal experience and knowledge. 😞 Sorry if I didn't know about the outage itself. >__<"

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around
Used to get it a lot as well. Was a bad connection on the pole. Would go out when it rained.

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around
Could also be a bad spliter or cable but also problems with those repeaters you see on the street. Seen 01 for a day and a half after someone backed a truck into one of those.

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around
Not sure how you are getting 01 and not having issues. That code displays while booting. If it is stuck at 01 you get nothing.

Oh I see, I think for me it shows -01- and the flashes -01- 2 or 3 times and goes in to Boot/Load and does it's thing.. couple of minutes of download and it's on standby and then (once I press power) comes on.

So I guess I mistook it, maybe my cable line is weak signal? Does it for 1 box only though, every other box never does -01- but none of my boxes have issues.

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok i see. I think only the cisco models do it. The 01 is normal but if it is stuck there for more than a minute there's a problem with the signals

dauthiatull
I Plan to Stick Around
To be honest I think it's related to the work going on in my neighborhood. Third party contractors with rogers logos installing what looks like fiber down Islington

jkroesen

I like the pic LOL 

Cable Outage in Toronto? Or a TV problem?

Hi there, 

Anyone know of a possible cable outage in Toronto (Jane Street and Lawrence Ave area)? My mom is having issues, and I was informed through Messenger that there were technical problems in the area, but other neighbours are not experiencing the same thing. She is getting audio but no video. The SD box seems ok. If its a TV problem instead, this is very frustrating because the TV (LG) is only a few years old and we've already replaced the backlight once already. 

Thanks!

Hello, @Sandrocchia

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank for posting your inquiry in the Community. I can check if the issue is isolated to your mom's connection, addressing the concern involves in accessing the account, would you please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, thank you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hewie
I've Been Around
My cable is down here in Whitby, I guess because of the wind storm???
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation