cable internet down

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: cable internet down

Internet down for the past half hour now in Brampton area. Anyone else experiencing internet issues?

Highlighted

Hi @rookie8155!

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to your internet! Can you confirm for us if you've contacted support yet and/or if the issue has yet to be resolved? 

If the issue is still ongoing can you confirm the following?

• The light pattern on your modem
  • Are you connecting with a wired or a wireless connection
  • Is the loss of service consistent or intermittent?
  • Have you tried rebooting the modem? Does this bring the service back for any duration?

Hoping everything is back up and running!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your concern. I called support last night and they reset the modem to fix the issue. It was flashing green but after reset it turned sold white. The bad part of having home phone and tv based on internet is that every thing goes down if internet goes down.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Internet went down this morning. Spoke with Customer Service. Seems to be issue with cable coming in from outside possible. Next available date for technician to come is Thursday morning- 4 days with no internet and we do not have a cable box. Only lights on modem is Flashing house with arrow, square with 4 little squares inside it, 2.5g and 5g.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have got the Roger's ignite gigabit installed by a technician last weekend and it's been up and down all week. Not very consistant. Today I return home to find it's taking forever to stream a movie on Netflix and soon after I have no internet connection. I was on the phone with tech support and they cannot seem to help with my issue. The earliest they said I can get a technician is Friday.. it's now Monday.
Has anyone else had an issue like this? Just keep getting the flashing green upstream light even after factory resetting the ariss xb6.

Highlighted

Greetings @mhealy86 and @1Goodyr,

A very warm welcome to the community and thank you for your posts!

Having little to no access to your favourite programs or websites can definitely be very upsetting! I can understand how both of you must be feeling at the present moment. 😞

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we check for any earlier appointments. If possible,we'd like to try and get these issues resolved for you sooner rather than later. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Is the internet down in London right now?

Highlighted

Hello, @Rdubois.

Thank you for your query and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Is your Internet service back online? Please feel free to send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so we can look into it for you. Please check our blog if you require assistance with private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi - my internet is down. I live in North Brampton, and my modem isn't connecting. I've restarted the modem for a minute, and then plugged it back in.

Still no luck.

Is there something wider happening, or is it just my connection/modem.

By modem I am not referring to my router.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hello, @skbillen.

Thank you for your query and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate you rebooting the modem; it's a good troubleshooting step. I'm happy to look into your Internet connection; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin