cable boxes no longer working after Aug 13

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

cable boxes no longer working after Aug 13

2 phone calls to the  1 866 434 2635- they told us to go to the store and trade in our     owned     tv digital box for a new one- pay an additional $ 99.99  to own it   or  12 months   free rent - which the store will apply opon pick up of the new boxx. Standing in line for 1/2 hour- got the neww box- but the store employee says we must call the "loyalty number " 1888 764 3771 to apply the 12 free months ! It took 2 phone calls and one online chat with Rogers - each call/chat taking 20  plus minutes to finally get someone ( Rose ) - who kindlyg ot the discount applied- but -  She had to put me on hold to confer with her subervisor !!! 

ROGERS -MR  JOHN BOYTON  -    DO NOT SEND OUT LETTERS without advising staff what actions they need to perform to follow through with it !   It should not have taken us in excess of 2 hours to perform a cable box exhange - which ROGERS is forcing us to do !

***Edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: cable boxes no longer working after Aug 13

Which cable boxes are no longer accepted after Aug 13?   I have a couple of 3250HD units that I still own but don't use much and wondered if they are eligible.   Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Anyone who had boxes ACTIVE on their account, got a mailing apparently, that the boxes wont be supported.

Only ones i specificaly remember hearing about, were some PACE ones.. and a VERY BASIC old SA one..but i dont remember the model

I Plan to Stick Around

Funny, I have not received any notice of anything and I have two SA boxes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are MANY SA boxes in use JWBF.

There was only like 1 model of them that has been removed.. many of them will still work.