basic cable with no box

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: basic cable with no box

Hello: I've had basic cable with no digital box for two years. No problem. Cable goes directly into TV.  Recently acquired free digital adapter (not a digital box) and again, no problem. Now cable goes into adapter and then to TV. I believe there are two levels of service. The one gives you channels 2 through 26 plus a few farther up like BNN, APTN etc. The second ("Plus"?) gives you  all the channels from 2 through 60 something including Bravo, Comedy, Speed, AMC and others. Cheers, Sam

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I believe there are actually 3 analoge packages that Rogers offers (obviously not promoted any more).  The first being basic, which is your 2-26'ish, and a few others up in the 50's/60's.. the second is Combo Plus, not sure how many more channels is offered, the last is Ultimate, which gives you 2-72'ish. 

I remember seeing a filter list from a technichian a few years back, and it showed all channels each filter was designed to remove.. back then there were about 5 or 6 different packages (about 5 years ago).  Your bill/package was dependant on which filter was installed.

I've Been Around

I'm looking to downgrade my cable package to basic cable. I currently have a box (I've had it since 2009), but am wondering if I need to get a new digital box to do this? Or will the one I currently have support this?

Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Your current digital box should support basic cable.