bad reception since ice storm - appears to be widespread problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

bad reception since ice storm - appears to be widespread problem

Sinc ethe ice storm in southwestern Ontario it appears Rogers has problems with certain channels. I have spoken to many other people in Kitchener, London, and Woodstock and we all have the same problem. Certain channels are not watchable as there are coloured squares which distort the picture and the sound skips. Other channels are fine. This appears to be a widespread problem. Any idea when this will be fixed?

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: bad reception since ice storm - appears to be widespread problem

I was wondering that as well living here in Kitchener. I noticed that TSN is horrible right now, just in time for the World Juniors ughhhh

I'm a Senior Advisor

Howie, which channels are you missing? I'm in the Woodstock area and had a 10-hour power outage, but haven't noticed any channels that I watch missing.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Yes I live in cambridge and noticed tsn, ctv are partially scrambled on my tv that is hooked up straight to cable. My other two TVs with digital boxes are fine. Yes appears to be since ice storm. Does Rogers review and reply to these things?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bnote22

They do read them but barely post on them. This forum is a user to user based forum.
I've Been Around

I'm in Toronto, and we are still dealing with this. Even got so frustrated and ordered a movie on demand and it wasn't watchable!
I've Been Around

We're in Island Grove (north of keswick) and have issues with TWN, Smithsonian and others. Pixelation, sound issues or complete blank screens.  Just exchanged our digital box for a new Netbox3, but now we're getting blank screens on HBO and other movie channels as well.

Getting really frustrated with Rogers already.  Spending like 300-400 a month with all our services and it's CRAP service. Wish Canada had some cable competition like the US or Europe.  Bell isn't an option, no high speed internet.  GRRRR!!!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I live IN keswick, and I am not having an issue, so the general feed up to there should be fine.

Have you had a tech out to check the house, lines, from the road? I know some of the stuff up there pretty old.

(That's why keswick has next to NO good bell services, the bell infrastructure is even older and worse!)