bad customer service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike777
I'm Here A Lot

Re: bad customer service

leaving rogers after being with them for18 years!

after not getting a phone with rogers for more than about 5 years and being a loyal customer for 18 years grand father plan im treated no different any other regular joe that joins rogers and i'm dissapointed.

i called to get a new phone after dropping it and now my data on the phone doesnt work. 

so i call rogers customers retention and theys keep saying i gotta pay $80 a month and i keep talking and it goes down to $70 and rep say it can't go down any more.  this deal is available to any new customer.  and rep even told me they treat everyone the same lol.  Why did i stay with rogers all this time for???  i dont see any point and i cancelled the acct.

U guys dont value old customers thats very sad to hear. 

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

For those who are on old plans and want to get a new phone, you can achieve that by buying it upfront. For most on older plans, the difference between old plan and the new plans to get the new phone, the best option is to just buy the phone outright (you can buy it anywhere and get it unlocked if you desire, or from them, no term).  Even if you buy the phone on a credit card (say like the Rogers master card), you will pay less than your increased plan per month, and earn points, pay it off as fast as you want, no change in your plan, or term to cancel from, and if you happen to use the Rogers master card - between the paying google play purchases, their past selling of travel insurance, and the master card, are they trying to be a bank too), but with the Rogers mastercard plan, you can earn points when you buy the phone, and use the points to pay your bill.  Win win, but these are all workarounds, and don't really reflect loyalty options for past customers.  

In a message from the CEO, he indicated that their goal is to increase value added options to tier 2 and tier 3 customers increasing the costs and revenue from them as well as selling new phones on higher priced plans (which they are achieving). and are not worried about keeping people who don't want to move up a tier, and and he is not worried at all about tier one customers (those with old plans, limited services, and not interested in paying more for new phones through increased plans (it is not a subsidy, it is a deferred payment plan over two years, with about 20.00 savings overall), but none if you have a low plan you wish to keep. So like you, many of us are finding that they really aren't interested in keeping us under the older model of loyalty, they want us on new phones, value added plans, and higher revenue overall.

So you also carried out the other option, which is just jump ship.  The other plans may only be a little better than the new Rogers plans, so you will still probably see higher prices on your new plans with other companies, but you have better choice of plan and phone options than Rogers, so you can more easily define your plan to your needs and not get the "value added stuff", which you may not want at all (shomi, spotify, Next, etc), and you also leave on principle and get the message across here.

congrats to you and enjoy your new services.  Hope it all works out for you.

Bruce

RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Mike777

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I am sorry you are feeling this way.

We value your business and we would like to help you with your issue.

If there is anything we can do to help you please let us know and we’ll reach out to you via Private Message.

RogersSannecia

Irritated
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a complaint to make about the way Credit Operations has treated me on 3 separate occasions, and in talking to them yesterday, Faraza said this was the only way for me to send a complaint. I asked for an email address for a manager and he/she said that I should post it here instead.

In an effort to control my rant-length, I would liike to point out that if you have customers in BC, you should perhaps be aware that calling them at 3 in the afternoon Pacific Time means that the majority of them are at work when you call.

When I answer my phone and tell the other party that I am at work, I expect them to arrange to call back at another time. Period. Saying "This will only take a minute" and demanding payment is completely untrue, and disrespectful of the customer's time, and patently ridiculous.

This is the third time in a year that this exact situation has happened, despite me taking actions to manage my account and correct an issue that resulted in late payments. This time, it took a FULL HOUR just to straighten things out, which, by my rudimentary math skills, is approximate 60 times longer than the "just a minute" stated.

I would request that your Credit Operations callers are trained to respect the customer and to excise the practice of pushing forward with their agenda when a customer has clearly stated that it is not a good time. I further suggest that perhaps if you are going to sell your services to people in a specific time zone that you actually service their accounts during the times that they might typically be available.

Mike777
I'm Here A Lot

so basically rogers dont give a flying crap about their old customers good to know when i know i helped u guys to build a empire at the start choosing u guys over bell supporting all this time and this is the thx i get in the end. YA dont care for your old customers its a really good business model everyone should learn from u guys! lets hope u guys keep losing old customers like myself and see what happens.
BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here are my thoughts on how you can get to someone and be able to work with it - I would suspect that this would best be described as a Billing and Payments issue.

From the MYROGERS home page, login with your user name and password. Once logged in, you can scroll down to the bottom and find the contact us icon (a little red phone on the right side of the page.

Since you are a customer, select the tab for Billing and Payments under, already a customer.

You can do a live chat directly from your own computer - note that the times provided are in EST, so your last time you can contact them is before 9 p.m.  Yes, I agree, they should provided an office for you guys with adjusted times.

There is a link to outstanding accounts, so I would suspect that would be the department you want.

You also have a Facebook Messenger option.  My understanding is that if you get the wrong department, they are to move the chat to the correct place.

The benefit of the chats and other electronic means is that you can have a complete record of the discussion, so you can avoid he said/she said problems. (or which ever gender you prefer Smiley Wink).

There are also call us options with a phone number on the right - remember to ask for a discussion about outstanding accounts, and if you get the wrong department, they are able to transfer you too.  Remember to document everything that you discuss and confirm what they write in their own notes and get the name of the rep, the date and time, and the identification number (starts with an I then a set of numbers afterwards).  The ID number facilitates easy follow-up referring them to the notes on their end - have them read them to you and confirm they are accurate with your own notes, which you will have checked over it in the first call.  I ask the rep to note that they have read and reviewed the notes with me, directly on their notes, to avoid disputes over what was said and agreed upon.

If it turns out that someone is need of phoning you, then give them a firm time and if they won't stick to that, then escalate through the escalation process - CSR, Manager, Office of President, Ombudsman (not required, CCTC (they don't currently deal with issues related to Cable delivery, so CRTC is your alternative if they can't/won't do it).

At the very bottom is a section in the middle to file a complaint, or compliment.  Describe in detail the issues, what has been done, and request to be reviewed by the next level in the above escalation process.  Give them specific times they can ready you and explain that you are in BC, so you have less time of access (I suspect you don't want to get up at 4 a.m.)  Make a copy and paste into a text document of your choice, as you won't be able to see your complaint once you close off.  Some of the chats will allow you to get a copy of the chat emailed to you (ask them if the one you are in can do it and how; I personally just cut and paste them all).

In this forum there is also a way to work with your issues through through a private message to Community Helps.  This will keep your issues private from the rest of us and they can get information from you to access your account documentation and services.

You can do the same through twitter and Facebook Messenger I don't know how to use the twitter side of things, as I don't have a twitter account. My preference is calls or chats.  They are basically forcing us to use the report a concern online for concerns and escalation, but sometimes I am not calling from home, so computer is not accessable so I will push them to speak to me and transfer to manager if necessary, or request OOP to contact me.  Sometimes I am successful, sometimes not.

In the report a concern, they wil ask for your preferred contact method, email, or phone - do give them your preferred times.

Hope this helps you to get connected with someone with the ability to help you, or if not, you have their recommended escalation process.

Best of luck in your journey, communicating with Rogers is always a time consuming and often frustrating experience, but sometimes it goes quick and easily when you get someone who really knows what they are doing well, reads the notes present rather than asking you to describe it all over again, and takes good notes of their own, and knows their limits well, recommends clearly where to go next and how best to do it.  I do get some of those too, usually more often than not.

Bruce

Note:  Community helps people want to contact this person and get the ball rolling since they were sent here.

Irritated
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you, Bruce, that was very thoughtful. And infinitely more help than I have received from Rogers.

I was online chatting with them from 3:26 to 3:59 yesterday. I was also on the phone with several people. The information you gave about the ID numbers and filing a formal complaint will be especially helpful.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Mike777  That is a good summary of what I just said, and if anyone is wondering where I got the information on the attitude of the CEO, it was directly from an interview that is reported online (financial information or something), sorry, I don't remember where I saw it, but I clearly remember his attitude as it was specifically stated.  what I have said is not directly quoted, but it does reflect what I read.  The alternatives for buying and keeping an old plan are covered a number of times on this forum.  You just have to get past the marketing pitches of added value (that is the CEO's term, so that has been pushed down as the cultural model of selling and marketing) items like unlimited canada wide or local calls, roam, even if you don't roam, Shomi, and other things, plus getting a phone upfront for a partial or no payment, only to be paid back monthly as part of your bill. But people on old grandfathered plans, if you like it and want to stay with it, you will do best to buy a phone outright.  If you want to get some newer options, they no longer give very many add-ons to the older plans because (they are all in the new plans, so why not just get it in a new plan, even if you only intended to add it for one month).

But there certainly seems to be lots of people who are interested in paying more money for additional services, when I question whether they really will use all the new stuff, but that is their choice - I am just not interested.  People are buying the more expensive plans and phones, although the CEO also reports that they are losing customers who want to be on the low end, and although there are less in the upper tiers, the increased revenue compensates (remember that this message was addressed to shareholders and the market, not customers).

So for now, like you, I prefer to stay away from the value added higher priced plans, for me, I stay on the old plans, and buy my phone outright from them or someone else, I unlock my phone immediately, not through them at 50.00, but considerably cheaper costs on the internet or kiosks in a mall, so that when I do roam for extended periods of time and need to use the phone, I just drop a sim card in from the area I am in and in general, I turn the phone off when I am away and tell people to send me an email and I will check once per day via wifi at the hotel or where I am staying.  In an emergency, I do it the old way - I give them the phone number of the hotel, and believe it or not, if you can't reach me in an absolute emergency, you can still call the local police and if it is a true emergency they will find the person for you.  Yes I am old school, I don't need immediate communication, and 911 calls can be made for no cost.

I haven't left yet, but if I am ever forced off my existing plans, I will move as the competitors have plans with far more choice, don't have the value added stuff and are more flexible in what types of phones you can buy irrelevant of the plan type.

So enjoy your new services.

Bruce

Mike777
I'm Here A Lot

i'm just sad after being with them this long and rogers the robbers are just being too greedy. 18 freakin years being loyal and they tell me to take a hike lol
Shengnanwang
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersHassam

I called in to change my plan to including roaming service in December because I went on a trip. The customer service agent changed it for me but she didn't not inform me that when I am on a cruise and I am on the sea, the data usage is not included in the new package she setup for me. I came back to Canada and eneded up with an extra 90 dollar on my bill because I used my data on the sea via satellite. I called back to Rogers, and ask what is the  90 dollars for and explained to them that I was not informed correctly. This time, the customer agent who answered my call told me it is all my fault, they can not do anything despite I have been with rogers for over 12 years and I was a loyal customer. I stayed with rogers even after I moved to Northern BC where Rogers signal is very weak, and I stayed with rogers even when I find out that my coworker who has a similar plan were paying less every month with other cellular provider. I was a loyal customer for so long and this is how I was treated! I got riped off by rogers because of the mistake your customer service agent made. She "forgot" to inform me the important information which caused me an extra 90 dollar on my bill which I was told by your agent that it is MY FAULT! Your customer service agent does not care about your customer at all!!! Why I want to stay loyal with a company that ripe me off and treat me as trash?