bad customer service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: bad customer service

@Shengnanwang,

From your post below it sounds like you changed your plan to a Share Everything plan that automatically includes Roam Like Home coverage in eligible countries. Unfortunately at this time, we do not offer coverage for cruise ships in Roam Like Home or in any of our travel packages. Any usage incurred while on a cruise ship would be charged at a pay per use rate.

We are sorry if there were any misunderstandings about what Roam Like Home includes and we certainly value your loyalty. 

For more information on our travel packages you can click here to review eligible countries and travel packs.

We would like to review your account details and investigate your issue further.  Please send us a private message to the @CommunityHelps inbox the next time you are online.

@RogersGabrielle

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Shengnanwang and @RogersGabrielle Valid clarifiication, but I believe the posters frustration is that they were not told about restrictions.  Are we supposed to tell them all our travel plans, where we are going and where we may use data, and if we do happen to forget to ask about something, it is now "our fault", why, because we didn't know or didn't know to ask all the right questions.

I hope that if the poster contacts you, some consideration can be made.  They will know for future, and even know what to ask.  At least these posts teach us all the questions we are supposed to know to ask and that there are some reps who consider it to be our fault for being "ignorant" of all the facts and restrictions.  Sorry, but mind reading is not one of my skills.

I once was told that I need to ask whether prices quoted are tax in or tax out when making comparisons.  Well actually under CRTC code it is Rogers's responsibility to indicate tax in or out, not ours, so if they mix it up, going forward with reference to CRTC code is a very valid way to go forward, and final review is with CRTC for cable, and CCTC for communications.

Think Rogers needs to get a bit better at its person to peson communications, there seems to be a lot of miscommunication and misunderstandings going on and being reported in these forums, and we all know this is only a small minority of what is really happening.

And this all becomes the reason to make the changes to the billings because we just can't seem to understand the impact of changes to services, and it is the most common concern reported.  maybe it has nothing to do with the bill, but lies in the first interaction and the absence of clear information or contracts (which by the way, feel free to ask for paper copy anytime, as CRTC mandates it, unless you expressly state you want an electronic version instead.  So when you are done, if you ask for a written estimate or copy of the contract, and they don't, refer them to CRTC rules (can't remember which one specifically).  If they say no, you can escalate and quote violation of CRTC.

What ever happened to responsibility for sellers to be clear and that it is responsibility of the seller to give full details, not ours to ask.

Bruce

Bruce

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Oh  ... come on now @BS ... we all know it is the buyers responsibility to search out that info.  And by viewing the advertising of the company it is obvious there is no requirement on their part to be clear and forthcoming with info.  Just look at the advertising they do . In my mind I agree, it should be considered fraudulent  but just about everybody does it .. with their superscripts spread throughout their advertising and and then hiding the footnotes it unlikely spots and in print so fine a mouse couldn't read it.Smiley Sad

But the jist of the matter is if you are going to deal with these companies you have to do your homework and take the time to ask the questions or they will gladly screw you over .

That is what disgusts me about this whole company ... they do that which is in line with what everyone does ... but... when they provide such shabby customer service and websites that are constantly  taking customer time and effort to fix they have crossed over  the line. And to be constantly blaming the customer by saying you have to do this or that to get your website back in order is just over the top  ... I understand completely  why Hanna and others are "spitting snakes" ( I love that  Smiley LOL

But the jist of it is, it is the  customers responsibility to read the fine print ... but I'd still go after them since it is a first time event.  they should at least reduce it but I would have no expectation of them eliminating it unless you get the right CSR.  Then anything is possible it seems. Smiley Wink

Spoiler
Spoiler
again  ...I got the wrong button and how the . do you delete this box and why are they even here

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor

I agree you and I am fastidious about reading fine print, I ask questions over and over again of reps to the point they sometimes get annoyed.  I just use my age and disability as my explanation for asking over and over again, and wanting detailed examples of what applies and doesn't apply.

Yes, they do the same thing that every else does, but I thought they wanted to stand out from the crowd.  They like firsts, how about a committment to be upfront on everything, easily understood, and use an approach that if something is misinterpreted, you shouldn't have to get the right CSR, you should get some type of break with clarity for next time that you won't get it next time - I am more than ok with that approach, and as one of the experts or moderators said on here, the CSR should never be placing blame on the customer.  Take the responsibility that it takes two to communicate, and errors in misunderstanding can come from either side and even both sides.

But I know I am living in a dream world, but I can still dream of one.

In general, I will say that in most cases where I have brought a concern forward, but I have found a lot more blaming of me and other customers than I have heard ever in my 22 years.  Maybe it has to do with so many changes at the same time, and so many hardware and software services failing, where they really don't know what the best answer should be.

I know I am frustrated, the staff must be too.

And by the way, if you notice the spoiler (yeh, just what is that for - are we really going to report anything that needs to be hidden and treated as a spoiler - but it is just part of the software) - just backspace to delete each one.

Nice comments to bring me back to reality, even if it is not a reality that I like.  I appreciate companies that put their customers first and still have the attitude that the customer is always right, (within reason). Consider one of the major competitors - if you have to wait more than 2 minutes for a csr call to pick up, they give you a small credit of I think 10.00.  Now that certainly holds the company accountable to be quickly responsive.  And the same company, if you have grandfathered plans, they comment on it, and say, "you don't want to touch that, you can't get a better deal anywhere".  They don't even ask if you want to review it, unless you initiate it.  And they don't use phrases like value added, they use the real terms - data, call costs and minutes, voice mail, and start with a very basic plan and you can build up, or you can go for the bronze or gold plans and go for broke (you are broke at the end, but you can say you have everything, but they did give you the chance).

I am just one of those loyal customers, who in general has been satisfied, then I came to these boards when the issues of the new billing structures came and I demanded my call details and they did listen after a lot of talking by many, but they tried hard to convince me why I didn't need it, without really listening to why I legitimately and legally was responsible to provide this information when I claimed the costs. Then I began to experience Navigtr, One number, the voice mail web site, and what I saw was very poor quality products and maintenance and implementation of those products.

I have sometimes had to deal with miscommunications of information - very easy over the phone unfortunately, and I don't read quickly, so trying to listen and look at web sites is a challenge, but I work with it.  In general in the past they have been understanding, no matter who the csr was, and rarely had to escalate.

But then I began to see how some people on hear were being treated, and realized that I was being treated the same way, and so now I have become an expert on reading the fine print, asking all the questions, and even after doing that, I still get told thiings that turn out to not be true, so I call in or chat in (by the way, the move to making us use the chat and forcing the use of remote access is not my preferred form of contact - it is via phone, person to person.

As i saw more and more of this (maybe it is just because I have become more aware because I am now on this forum, I became more annoyed, so now I encourage people to use the avenues to challenge the system that you may have been mislead, or at least feel misled or misinformed, and my experience in the past is that the company was understanding.  Some times I agreed to accept responsibility for not asking full question on the fine print, but now I am more skilled at it, although sometimes I feel like I need a lawyer to review it, but then again, it is a lot of money and we do it when we buy a house, but not when we buy a 5000 TV or 30,000 car.

There are protections on contracts and requirements of providing paper copies of contracts (directed by CRTC) which I never new about before and it is a good idea to be aware of the legal rights for us and companies defined by the CRTC, so spend less time talking back and forth with the bottom levels, I just move up faster now.  I don't expect them to be highly knowledgeable of every CRTC rule, although the company should build it into their policies and procedures.

We also have 30 days to opt out of a contract, with no penalities, but that means that you are actually walking away, but at least you can walk away with no charges.

So bottom line is ask a lot of questions, document what you hear, have them read their notes to you, and for me, although I don't like chats, it is very powerful when you have the full transcript, although it can also bite you back too.

Buyer beware is always good advice.  And do remember the advertisements for truth in advertising and educate yourself on the tools they use that are scientifically proven to hide what they don't want you to really know, but they can still stay they told us, and to make the deal look better than it may be.  So before agreeing, take a breather, research further and be well educated on the purchase. 

Bruce

Bruce.

Mike777
I'm Here A Lot

i'm done with these guys i post something on here as a last resort and its fooloish of me to think they were gonn do something about it clearly they dont give a flying care about me or 18 years of loyalty so ill go somewhere they will care about their loyal customer

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Mike777 wrote:

i'm done with these guys i post something on here as a last resort and its fooloish of me to think they were gonn do something about it clearly they dont give a flying care about me or 18 years of loyalty so ill go somewhere they will care about their loyal customer

So ...   why are you still here ? 

Is there somewhere they actually care about loyal customers ? Or is it up to us as consumers to pick the best deal for us and go with it? Each customer has to decide what price they put on the stuff that goes on here and what value they put on the service and go from there .... . 

Loyalty  is a thing of the past  in a setting like this ... it's still good for dogs, horses, friends and family ... but thats about it. Smiley Wink

Shengnanwang
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersGabrielle
How many times rogers rep going to post the same answers? as I said, I am upset because I was not told about exactly what is covered or not in my new plan, and I was not treated right when I called back the second time to ask about it.
"From your post below it sounds like you changed your plan to a Share Everything plan that automatically includes Roam Like Home coverage in eligible countries. Unfortunately at this time, we do not offer coverage for cruise ships in Roam Like Home or in any of our travel packages. Any usage incurred while on a cruise ship would be charged at a pay per use rate." This whole paragraph is just a waste of time!!!!! as I said I don't care what ever the plan covered or not, it is your rep's fault that she did not clarify the terms with me and caused me spend extra 90 dollars on my bill.
"We are sorry if there were any misunderstandings about what Roam Like Home includes and we certainly value your loyalty. " this paragraph doesn't help in anyway with my situation because there is no actual solution has been made.
It is ridiculous how you completely missed my point of frustration! The problem started with miscommunication and incompetency of your agent, what do you mean "if there is any miscommunication"? It is the mean problem of this whole situation. '
You obviously didn't get it and this is a waste of my time
RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@Shengnanwang,

We certainly understand the frustration you are feeling. We reached out to you via private message from @CommunityHelps yesterday to further assist with your issue.

Please look for our private message in your inbox at your convenience. 

Regards,

@RogersGabrielle

K8Latreille
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been a Rogers customer for over  ten years now, and I have become very dissatisfied with my service lately. It started in Dec 2015 when I did not receive my bill on time. After a few days I contacted Rogers. They informed me they were having technical issues and to expect it within a week. A week later (now almost two weeks late) I call in again. They said that issues had not been resolved yet and that it was happening to most customers. I told them I was disappointed in their service since it was Christmas time and I really needed to budget on a tight salary. Also that if they were having a mass problem they should have informed their customers as opposed to waiting until they find out themselves. I get emails for Rogers on a regular basis advertising offers and plans, I felt that they should have at least had the courtesy to contact their customers when there are problems, not just advertising. They told me they would push my bill through and to expect it within a few days. They also told me I would receive a credit amount for the inconvenience. I appreciated that greatly and was glad to receive my bill a few days later. To my surprise the bill was $80 cheaper than my normal bill (it is usually just under $100). I was very happy that Rogers acknowledged the situation they put me in during an expectedly high commercial spending time (Christmas). I paid the small amount that was left on the bill and told my friends and social media about how Rogers had greatly made up for their mistake. The next month, however, I was horrified to find my bill was almost twice what it normally should be! I immediately called Rogers. I told them about my bill, what had happened the month before, about the credit offered and the unexpectedly low bill. I told them I didn't feel the need to clarify the bill at the time since I had been in contact with Rogers many times the month before (more than I've written above) and that I thought Rogers was just trying to make up for their mistake. I purchased Christmas gifts with the money I had saved. I did not have the total for the bill and did not feel required to pay more than my normal bill since Rogers had been the one to make multiple mistakes. I am on subsidized income for a disability and Rogers is a multi-billion dollar company. It took speaking to two agents and then a manager/supervisor in order to resolve my problem. In the end they cleaned up my bill, credited me a small amount (maybe $10) and I paid my bill. I wasn't expecting a credit again so I was happy to get the small amount. I'm hoping my bills have straightened out by now since when I received my next (and most recent) bill it was another $10 cheaper than normal again. I'm not sure if this will cause future problems. I will keep my eye on my bills closely each month. 

Then there is the next set of technical issues I've been having. Starting in Dec I had damaged my phone screen in a fall so I had to use my tablet instead. I contacted Rogers about the damage and they informed me if I had been paying for coverage (which I had never been told about before) then my phone would have been fixed for free. But because no one had ever told me they offered this I have to pay to fix it myself. It is still broken since I live in a small town and am on a tight budget, trying to save to pay to fix it. Now my tablet is an iPad with Bell. I could not download the Rogers application so I tried to manage my account through Safari. I had to reset my password since I hadn't logged in with a password having been using the app on my phone (iPhone 5c). When I tried to reset the password, it failed to work. After using the temporary password it would take me to the reset password page, but when I tried to reset it would tell me that the temporary password was wrong. After contacting Rogers I had the issue resolved and got into my account. But it happened again. I don't understand why but it seems that Safari doesn't run the Rogers website properly. I have to download and use another web browser in order to access my account now. I find this frustrating since they use Apple products and should be able to run their programs and websites on Apple products

I've been frustrated with Rogers for a while now, this is not the first time I've had problems but it has been the longest period that I kept having issues (it's been three months now with 1-2 problems per month). I do NOT recommend Rogers to anyone. I warn other Rogers customers about problems I've had so they can be aware. I'm very disappointed in the lack of service.

RogersZia

Hi