arris 502G telephiny modem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

arris 502G telephiny modem

hi

i want to connect throgh the port on  arris 502 telephiny modem  otherwise my internet is good through SMC wi fi  modem router 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: arris 502G telephone modem

the arris telephony adaptor is just that, its a telephony device, its not provisioned like your modem and there is no connection on the rj45 port on the back of the arris. if u need to connect your home office to your rogers modem you would need to run an rj45 cable from the actual rogers internet modem that they installed in your house to the home office, otherwise call rogers and ask to schedule a technician to re-locate your rogers modem to a better location that is more convenient to you rather than struggle. have u considered that? also dont worry bout that document u linked, its irrelivant

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: arris 502G telephiny modem

the ethernet port on the arris is not active and cannot be activated....so you are stuck with smc.   

Highlighted
I've Been Around

As per the above post is there no way to activate the Ethernet Port on the 502? Modem is in the basement and my home office is on the 2nd floor. In the basement is where I have my home entertainment set up and I need a wired ethernet. I wanted to run a Cat5 or Cat6 from the 502 to a small D-Link switch; That would solve my problem.

Would this do the trick? http://www.ehow.com/how_7704918_open-port-arris-modem.html

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the arris telephony adaptor is just that, its a telephony device, its not provisioned like your modem and there is no connection on the rj45 port on the back of the arris. if u need to connect your home office to your rogers modem you would need to run an rj45 cable from the actual rogers internet modem that they installed in your house to the home office, otherwise call rogers and ask to schedule a technician to re-locate your rogers modem to a better location that is more convenient to you rather than struggle. have u considered that? also dont worry bout that document u linked, its irrelivant

View solution in original post