apparently Upload speeds in Ontario have started happening

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

apparently Upload speeds in Ontario have started happening

Just spoke to a Rogers CS rep..

(yes yes i know customer service is usually not right and im with you)

But according to CS rep the upload speed increases for rogers internet in Ontario started increasing incrmentally across the province in October. 

I just upgraded to the extreme service ,i have some big projects this winter and will be moving buckets of files + netflix for the long winter nights 🙂 = lotsa bandwidth...and according to CS rep i should be getting (or get VERY soon) 10mbs upload speeds but he was sure it was already implemented in my area in Stratford. 

anyone else form various areas reading this in the province feel like doing speedtests on your lines and see if this is true??

http://speedtest.net/

im going to test the new speed when i get home from work tonight and ill post back here. 

***edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: apparently Upload speeds in Ontario have started happening

1 Mbps (Extreme) in Ottawa.

I Plan to Stick Around

forget it..

Looks like Rogers Customer service scored another failure. The CS rep on the phone i meantioned earlier was VERY adament (sp?) that this was the case and even stated that the increases started in October ..

Since no one on here made a thread about it prior i decided to call tech support instead  and they have not started increasing upload speeds in Ontario and they arent even sure when it will happen. 

Sorry for false alarm folks..wa hoping this was true and we would get some good news. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you get the idea that they have not started upgrading the upload speeds?  They did in fact start upgrading in early November for parts of Downtown Toronto and last week parts of Scarborough have been upgraded.

I hope the CSR that you spoke to is correct and they are gonna get their act together and start rolling it out to more people quicker!

I Plan to Stick Around

I called. Ack and was forwarded to tech support. When i asked for clarification from them on the upgrades, the technician put me on hold to ask the senior technician on staff about the roll out. Apparently the senior technician said the upgrades were not happening yet and they didn't know when they would be. Sounds like rogers staff doesn't have a clue or no one in upper management is passing critical information downhill. Someone needs to give that company lessons in proper communication skills...funny considering that's their business.
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately I do not trust anything their CSRs say.  They have told me things before that were just blatantly false . . . it's quite sad actually.

In fact, you can check dslreports and look for a thread on upstream bonding.

I Plan to Stick Around

Bump..

Has anyone seen faster upload speeds.

I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, but they are increasing their prices across the board . . . does that count?

I'm a Senior Advisor

And they will upload those prices to your bill faster than you can say "Internet"!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

when is the price increase supposed to happen first time i hers of it. Rogers needs to start respecting its customers as bell semms to be starting to offer competitave internet plans with much better upload speeds.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation