cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

answering machine phone

jcub2
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got rogers voicemail on a homephone with answering machine. I turned off this feature to use rogers but my greeting doesnt come on when someone phones to leave a message. I clicked the phone answering feature back on and now have old greeting with the phone but no rogers. What can I do to use voicemail as I want to access messages on computer when away?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: answering machine phone

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

wierd.

Maybe its not staying active/saved.

Try doing it from your PC. 
Log into the home and away section, where you access your voicemails from PC while away.  There is a greetings section there, and you can set which greeting is active, and record it there. (will require a microphone of some form,even one built into a laptop, etc)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The greeting you have set, is stored right now on your LOCAL answering machine on your phone.

The rogers service is a completely different thing, so you need to set up your greeting there as well.

You have to connect into your voicemail, (*98)

And one of the options in there, should be to set your greetings (not sure which menu, etc)

Alternatively, through the web portal where you can access your messages, you can record the greating there through your PC

jcub2
I've Been Here Awhile
That is what I did through rogers on the phone. Then I turned off the answering machine. I phoned from my cell and no message!!!
I then repeated with answering machine left on and same result.....no message!!! Thank you for help though.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

wierd.

Maybe its not staying active/saved.

Try doing it from your PC. 
Log into the home and away section, where you access your voicemails from PC while away.  There is a greetings section there, and you can set which greeting is active, and record it there. (will require a microphone of some form,even one built into a laptop, etc)

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation