advice for calling rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: advice for calling rogers

@Meowmix wrote:
The 8300 HD PVR can not get the new IPG update. The 8642 can tho.

Rogers will never fix any problems with their IPG updates causing issues. This is a known fact. Look threw some thread on here & you will see the same. The box turning on & leaving the front LCD display started once the new update came out. Its a shame, another reason why people are leaving Rogers.

They never came out public adressing the issues they updates have. They always say ' We are working on it" OR " It will take time"

Of course... because there's a law called false advertising. Saying something works but actually doesn't is basically fraud. They dont want another class action loss from the crtc. They already loss one decision as another font already pointed out.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Funny part is that i called Rogers & spoke to them. A rep told me there is a fix coming out this week for all the issues. Little did the rep know i recorded the convo & called back & spoke to a manager. I let her listen to the recording & once she did, she put me on hold for 20 minutes. She came back & said " We are really sorry. The rep did not know what to say & said that. This is a mistake & i will be speaking to her manager to get them a bit more trained. "

I wonder if Rogers realizes that people are starting to record all the convos.

All call centres "claim" every convo is recorded but that's full of **. Fact is they only do random recordings so reps get away with a lot of crap and lies. In fact I worked in call centre when I was in uni and the manager even told me when I was being recorded by management so I would be sure to stick to the script for a good review. If I get a good review so does he - **bleep** for tat so to speak. Guess what?? That was rogers cellular call centre in TO back in the day, lmao!

Samsung also lost a class action lawsuit for false advertising. Just like rogers they claimed their tv's could do this or that but got millions of complaints around the world. That's why no one in the know, knows not to buy samsung hdtv's but that's another story... lol.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is true. I have been told many times i am not allowed to record convos YET i spoke to a few judges downtown & a few lawyers. All fine as long as i do not post the recording on a website.

I even tell the staff i record them ( in the end LOL). Oh well tho. They always lie & one day they will notice that we are starting to record the convos & maybe JUST maybe they will stop giving false info.

I believe you. The manager will always say that BUT the recordings on their end get deleted after a 90 days or so. They claim anything they want but in the end, Rogers one day will get it back from its customers.

99.5% of companies dont record every freakin convo... imagine the harddrives needed to maintain that database on a daily basis for 3-4 hundred reps if not thousands around the world for some companies. A total waste of cost. So of course they reuse the storage space by deleting recordings after a certian period of time like 90 days as you say... Although one time in uni I worked at IBM on a contract and they DID record everything. I thought oh **** I'm **** now, lol!! Thank goodness i dont work in the call centre environment any longer since uni. Ugh... I can imagine those that are outsourced to India or philippines, it must be a PITB working in those centres getting called out and yelled at every 5 min pretending you are in canada, uk or usa when you're not and **-ing answers. SMH.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed!

I really doubt they even have the Hard drives to record all the convos every single day. Thus they delete the past ones & record new ones. For all we know, they could not even be recording us & just say that to scare us. Either way, i have told everyone with Rogers to record the convos just incase the rep is rude / mean & gives false info.
Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone, this thread is getting a little off-topic. Let’s bring the discussion back to the original issue.  Thanks!

Rogers_Kate

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok,

Just got an automated call that the problem has been fixed.................. not in my world !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that is why this thread got  "off topic" because we are all pissed.

@denisecanuck wrote:

ok,

Just got an automated call that the problem has been fixed.................. not in my world !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that is why this thread got  "off topic" because we are all pissed.

Well, enjoy it while it lasts, lol. I get those automated messages all the time... but then the problems keep coming back. So keep that fone nearby cause you'll be hitting that redial button for that or another issue, just saying.

I Plan to Stick Around

that is what I meant............ the problem was not fixed.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 4 in conversation