ZTE mf970

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZekeZehr
I've Been Here Awhile

ZTE mf970

Are you using the ZTE mf970 mobile hotspot? What do you think of it?

***edited labels***

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: ZTE mf970

Welcome to the Community @ZekeZehr

Is anyone in the Community using the ZTE MF 970 and willing to provide some feedback on it?

RogersAsif

ZekeZehr
I've Been Here Awhile

Hmm. The only response is from a guy asking the same question a different way. Lol. To funny.

Ok well, Ive decided not to buy it. I went to a Rogers store this afternoon and the girl at the store said Rogers doesnt have anything called the ZTE mf970.

Oh man. It was great for a laugh but not much else.
concernednewfie
I've Been Here Awhile

Well they had them at the store I checked today in Ottawa. Reviews for the units are mixed, the few you can find but they do appear to work.

Issue is I cannot find anything, ANYTHING, on their website, telus has prices, others have prices, but nothing but going in a loop trying to find out what they mean by as low as $200 on select plans. Since I dont want one until its warm enough to use outdoors with a Surface tablet, I didn't think to press on price. He did say free with a plan, but when I got home, I can find no 'plan' for the device anywhere on their site.

concernednewfie
I've Been Here Awhile

Think I found it afterall, $8.33 a month for 2 years or $199 cash. This is for the device, you still have to get a plan. Given I count my internet by the terabyte, their 100 meg to 6 gigs is a joke though. You will not be streaming any rogers service with that kind of plan, youtube is out, any flash site is out.

Fortunately I only would use the device occasionally, not as my daily connection. Guess I got a few months of snow to make my decision.

oh $145 for 100 gigs of data, there are 3rd world countries with cheaper and better internet options then Canada it appears.

daupher
I've Been Around

I just bought it.  Seemingly a newer product for Rogers.  There is no technical support.  This is the only link that comes up when you use "MF970".   The software does not load automatically when you connect it to your computer.  And I don't have Rogers Connection Manager on my computer since I self-installed.

SO my options are to wait on hold for 14-25 minutes.  Live chat is also taking forever to get someone.  Normally I self-serve because my time is valuable. 

NOT a good first time customer experience.  I'm loathe to return the device