ZTE MF28B router settings questions/X-box 360

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ZTE MF28B router settings questions/X-box 360

Hello everyone,

i've owned the Ericsson W35 for many years and decided to upgrade to the ZTE unit.I hooked my X-box 360 to my W35 and got an open NAT with the help of a public IP from rogers.It appears that with the ZTE if you change the UPNP to enable,restart it and reboot your 360 your NAT is open WITHOUT a public IP. Is anyone else doing things? Can anyone else comfirm this.I want to make sure i'm not going nuts here,lol Because if this is true,i can cancell my public IP or is it better to keep the public IP and set the ZTE up the same way as my W35 aka use the APN settings,port forwarding etc . Is anyone else using there ZTE to game online? If so,how are you finding it?? I just started using it for my 360 and compared to my old W35 i don't think i'm seeing any different so far....If people could tell me what they think and if they're seeing any differences good or bad,i would be interested to compare.Also in the ZTE router settings under the OPERATION MODE tab,can someone explain to me what "Bridge" "Cable broadband" and "LTE Gateway" are?? by default the LTE Gateway is "checked" I can't seem to find a real manual for this thing other then the quick start guide that came with it and it doesn't tell you much.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: ZTE MF28B router settings questions/X-box 360

Hi Martigan,

Here's the W35 full userguide I have found: http://www.ericssonw35.com/pdf/W3x_userguide.pdf

I don't know if anyone in the community can help you with this? Someone here sure has more information for you. 😃

Thanks,

RogersEric
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well,thanks for the info but that wasn't what i was looking for. Seeing is how it was Myself,Chrono and one other who worked on and the figured out how to get an open NAT on the W35 for the xbox 360 (the main issues being we needed a public IP which chrono figured out) i took it apon myself to once again figure this one out. So this is what i've found. You can select the UPNP box and it WILL make your NAT open...BUT it's not really open,lol confused? so was i and still kinda am,lol lol Your NAT will be open but it's not fully really....i found you can connect to other people better it seems and even the Xbox live test even says it is open when the UPNP box is checked,but there is a issue with connecting to people with other hubs,and units like this...i don't claim to be a tech know it all but i know this is true...but even connecting to other people with "normal" wired internet there sometimes seems to be an issues and getting disconnetions. So once again i found the best solution just like with the W35 is you get a Public IP.I had one from before so i did the same thing with my W35 Ericsson as i've done with my ZTE.That means,manual IP assigning,port forwarding info,etc etc Just do seaches on the W35 on how to get an OPEN NAT and do the same thing with the ZTE and you'll have no problems connecting to ANYONE.It seems to be all about the public IP address again.Also i still don't know what "Bridge,Cable broadband and LTE Gateway boxes mean under the operation mode tab.I'm more courious then anything seeing is how this has nothing to do with getting a TRUE open NAT as i would call it,lol If anyone finds any other info out on anything,let me and everyone here know. Take Care!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Martigan,

Most of my configuration options are greyed out on my ZTE, including my IP address, DHCP enable/disable and scope range.  I went looking for some of the options you mention on mine and can't seem to find them?!

I have also found the complete lack of documentation limiting.

Is your ZTE configured the same, many options unconfigurable?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi peoples

How to open nat in xbox live with the Rocket Hub ZTE MF28B;

If you want play console xbox or psn, you need a wire to connect.

Go the router in  acces Rocket Hub; Disable DHCP and UPNP.

Go in the firewall; choose enable DMZ and open nat in Port Forwarding with IP Static. In Port Forwarding, dont use (UPD+TCP) same time in protocole that can be the mini bug, use only separate UDP and TCP in Current Virtuals Servers.

No forget add the ip static in xbox same the ip in DMZ and Port Forwarding.

Dont use PC or LAPTOP connect Rocket Hub with wire or wifi. ONLY one xbox or psn connect in online.

Restart The Rocket Hub and XBOX or PSN.

Good luck and good game.

If you want use the PC or LAPTOP after have finish play xbox or psn, you need a wire to connect for surf in web and you can add enable DHCP for acces wifi.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have not tried this to see if this would work (above post) but it sounds like it should to me....BUT as i have stated above if you do all this you will have an "Open" NAT but you will still not be able to connect to someone who is using a Stick/Hub. the only way to do that is by getting a public IP. Most people this would not matter, but i have a friend who also has the ZTE hub and the only way we can play together is by one of us having a public IP and going threw the steps that i have mention before in a previous post.

I have now had my ZTE hub for and i will agree with the above post on there seems to be a bug when doing port forwarding if you pick (UPD+TCP) protocole. It is best to do each one seperate.

The main problem still is Data. If you don't watch your data, you will get a crazy internet. Now rogers "new and improved" web site makes it even harder to keep track of your data i think. For ex. it doesn't tell you how many days to your data reset anymore and MANY times i can't even get online to check how much data i have used. Just brutal rogers!!

You need to come out with a hub (i know there out there, i've seen them, just have to get them unlocked) where in the settings you can set it up so if it hits a pre-set data limit that you set up, it will turn off so you NEVER go over your limit....but you'll never do that rogers because you want us to go over and paid paid paid!!!

I once was over by less then a 100megs and they charged me. The kicker is i couldn't check my data for 4 days so i had NO IDEA what i've used. I complain and told them my situation, they did nothing.

Over all the Hub is still the best choice i feel for people like me who live out in the "country" (i'm 5 mins from high speed, have been for over 10 years, lol) Just make sure you watch your data amounts (If you can, lol)