Z30 vs Z10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Z30 vs Z10

I currently own a Z10 and decided to evaluate the specs of the Z30 to see if it is worth upgrading. To my surprise I discovered that several specs are actually lacking comparable to Z10.

For example, Z10 has higher screen resolution than Z30 (1280*768 vs1280*720). Moreover Z30 has lower resolution on the larger screen size which makes it worse.

Z10 has fewer LTE bands vs Z30 (this spec is actually yet to be verified as Blackberry web-site and Rogers web-site have different specs), so Z30 is either dual-band or tri-band LTE vs Z10 supports quad LTE bands.

Z30 has significantly larger battery but it is non-removable! So there is no option to change the battery later on....

Overall I was dissapointed with the hardware specs of Z30 and cannot justify for a newer model to have some specs reduced.

P.S. Rogers, I guess figured this as well because Z30 is selling $50 cheaper than Z10. ($599 vs $649)

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Z30 vs Z10

Hello TeDD13

The Z30 is a bump up of the Z10. You missed many points. The Z30 has a bigger screen, dual stereo speakers, a new antenna that gets you better signal, bigger PPI on the screen, LED notification light is brighter and clear, th screen is more clear and gives u better picture and color. I owned all the BlackBerry 10 devices and by far the Z30 is one of the best Blackberries i have ever owned.

The battery took 14.5 hours to die with heavy usage. So for me its not a big deal. Thr battery is 1,050 higher then the Z10. So better battery life in it. You also have to remember the Z10 was in production and all before the Z30 was made. So some specs may not be there.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is the first negative post about the Z30 I've seen.  As Meowmix pointed out, the Z30 outranks the Z10 in so many areas.  Perhaps giving the Z30 a chance would change your mind.

Cheers.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

Exactly. Many people think by using the device give and take a few hours. , they know what they want. Sadly its not that case. ( Not saying TeDD13 is like that). Give the device longer chance and see that u will like it.

Like i said, a device like this has never been brought out by BlackBerry before. This is a step forward for them as i see it. People wanted a bigger screen, they got it. People wanted a bigger batter, they got it. People wanted dual stereo speakers, they got it. People wanted something new and BlackBerry brought it out.

This as BllJ sayed is the first time i have seen a negitive post on the Z30.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix - long time no post!

I've been enjoying my Z10 since February with no problems. Reading your views on the Z30 on here and also users on other forums, just makes me want one even more. I would really appreciate the larger screen as my eyes are not what they used to be, but there are really many other pluses.

Are there any options open to me, since I just upgraded in Feb and can't really afford to buy one outright out of contract?

Thanks!

JV

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jvictor77

Sorry for the late reply!!. The Z30 is amazing. Bigger & Brigher screen, the LED Notification light is more brigher & a tad bit bigger to be able to see. The dual stereo speakers on the back are louder & clear then the HTC One!. Amzazing phone over all.!!..

The only option you have is just pay off the flextab & upgrade that way. They will not be able to reduce the flextab fee for you unless they are willing to give you some sort of credit on your next months bill. Try speaking to the Rogers retentions & see what they can offer you!. You can always price match with Telus as they are offering it for $129.99 VS Rogers were they are offering it for $179.99. Tell the store or over the phone to price match it with Telus & they will.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks! I will drop into the store then and state my case.....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jvictor77

You are welcome!. Its always best to call in before going to the store. This way it won't be a hassle at the store.  if you want to try & get a discount. The stores can not offer discounts sadly. Call in & speak to Rogers retentions & get a interaction number if they do give you something so you are safe!. Also when going to the store & doing the upgrade, tell the store about the price match, they will see it & they can not manually change it BUT they will apply it on the next invoice as they will add it on! 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Ah ok - thanks for that. I might hold off doing that for a couple of months, which is when I will have had the Z10 for a year, and then try. Also - prices might drop!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jvictor77

Either way Bell or Telus & Rogers most likely will drop prices on most of their devices during the Christmas break. That is the best time to do it!. Either way prices will drop 🙂