Z3 Lollipop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xileblack
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Z3 Lollipop

Can confirm the update is out! Just need my phone to charge 😛
DTK89
I'm Here A Lot

I just received the update.

I suggest to those who havent updated yet, hold off. Im not impressed with it so far. In fact, it removed some features i used.

One of the features i noticed that is no longer present is the automatic wifi on/off when you are near a saved wifi spot. The option is no longer there altogether.

The other thing i found missing is the little button to clear all the open windows... now you have to close them 1 by 1. Not a big thing but still a convenient thing none the less.

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Thats funny I almost feel like i Should never have posted on here. Yes I got the update too, Let me know what you guys think I might wait to install it.

DTK89
I'm Here A Lot

Just to add, after using my phone since the update, it has force rebooted itself once.
Haziq
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't notice the missing location based wifi, but the close all button was re-added by Sony in the Lollipop update to Z2 and Z1 users. So I'm assuming they'll have that in the next update - in any case, not a big deal really.

In terms of the reboot, try to do a factory reset. I always do a factory reset after an update, I did that with my Z3 and it's running smoother than it initially was.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xileblack

Yes the update has been Released. Some people have mixed reactions on it.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Haziq

Glad you got the update and enjoying it!
gabby131
I'm Here A Lot

did you guys have the .726 version? (settings > about Phone > Build Number)

Thanks

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't do a reset and everything is very fast. I really like this update and happy they released it today. Thank you Rogers 🙂

Also noticed the camera seems to shoot faster pics.

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

I was also wondering if we will all get build 23.1.A.0.740? Sony announced that a few days ago for flagship phones.  Does anyone know if we will get that soon too?