Z3 Lollipop

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xileblack
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Z3 Lollipop

Any word from your sources?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello xileblack

Sorry i didn't email them until this afternoon as i have been pretty busy with work and other things. I haven't heard anything from them yet.
xileblack
I Plan to Stick Around

What's the word Meow?
Haziq
I Plan to Stick Around

So maybe this week will be the week?

I won't anticipate it, but if it gets pushed out this week I'll gladly accept it.

Also why is this topic marked as solved? The update isn't out yet.

xileblack
I Plan to Stick Around

"coming soon" = 2016.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @xileblack

Sorry for the delay. Been a bit busy. I got word that it should be out the end of April. NOW this is what he was told and what he is telling me so just letting u know what he told me. Take it the way u want to though.
LoganF
I've Been Around

This is exactly what Rogers did with the updates for my previous phone, the Motorola Razr HD.  They promised updates, then pushed it back over and over and over again.  It ended up being 7 months from the first update going out to some Razr HDs until the actual update being released for Rogers.   Sony did release their update a couple weeks later than they originally intended, but this delay is the major issue with cell phone service providers having anything to do with phone software.  All phones should be sold with manufacturer's software only, and customers given incentives to install the software for their provider, or not, but not held hostage on updates until the provider gets around to it.

gabby131
I'm Here A Lot

It does take a while when the phone is purchased under a carrier.  I have an unlocked Z3 and a friend has a Z3 under Rogers.  While my device got the 5.0 update 3 days after Sony released the OTA, my friend got tired of waiting and asked me if there's a way to get around.  thus, I installed a generic/unbranded firmware on the device (not recommended).

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just going to wait, I have a feeling installing a generic unbranded version will be more a hassle in the long run. It is unfortunate we all have to wait so long but I'm sure they are making sure all the bugs are worked out first. Hopefully next week? Come on Rogers you can do it!!

Haziq
I Plan to Stick Around

The update has FINALLY been pushed out. I just upgraded to lollipop this morning!