Z10 os 10.2 UPDATE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Z10 os 10.2 UPDATE?

Does anybody from the rogers world know when the latest issue is coming out for the z10?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Z10 os 10.2 UPDATE?

Hello Inger

Blackberry has NOT released 10.2 yet. So how would Rogers have it & tell you? Contact Blackberry if you want to know a release date.

Once Blackberry releases the update, your device will update either that day or a day after. Most likely In November when the Z30 comes out. Time frame is not out yet.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you look around the internet, you'll find spots where you can download OS 10.2.  I'm running it on my Q10 and it is SWEET!

However, a word of warning for you.  Installing a leaked OS is not recommended unless you're an advanced user.  In addition, you'll get no support from Rogers (or any other carrier you might be using) when running a leaked OS so proceed with caution.  Also, if you load a leak and something goes wrong with your phone........good luck.

Cheers.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

That is correct but like you said, be careful if you have no clue what your doing & are not a advance user like us. If you screw up the phone, then you may not be able to recover it.

Let me take a moment to clarify how OS releases are handled.

BlackBerry codes a new OS for a specific model of phone, let's say the Z10 in this example.  It then releases it to the worldwide carriers to test and evaluate.  It also releases training (I'm assuming videos, notes, etc.) to the carriers so they can support it.  The carriers then load the OS on their test phones and try it out.  If they encounter an issue, they contact BlackBerry about it and BlackBerry might release an update to the update.  If the carriers are happy with it, they release it to you and you'll see it either as a notification on your phone or as an "Update Available" when you open BlackBerry Link.  However, if BlackBerry includes one or more features in the update that a specific carrier does not support (i.e. Wi-Fi Hotspot or NFC, to name two), that carrier has the option to remove it from the update.  Many times, these updated OS get leaked to the internet before their official release date (this seems to be getting more popular and more frequent).  You're always free to install a leaked OS but like I've already said, if you do and anything goes wrong, you're on your own.  A leaked OS SHOULD be a fully-functional, problem-free OS but that's not guaranteed and you're taking a chance when you load one.  Rogers will not support you at all if you're running a leaked OS.....just be patient and wait for them to release it.  (I don't condone loading a leaked OS but it's done by many people so I wanted to touch on it here.)  So if you ever have any questions about an OS release, Rogers is who you would contact however don't EVER ask when a specific OS version will be released because they (or any other carrier) will never answer that; testing could take a month, it could take six months...they don't know.

I hope that clarifies things for you.  🙂

I've Been Around

Actually, I think you may be misinformed. The carrier releases the update and not Blackberry. Rogers needs to test it prior to releasing it to it's customers.

I've Been Around

What kind of answer is that?  So how would Rogers know.  They should be testing it and they should be in contact with BlackBerry....that is how they should know.

@r4years, it's not a big deal but you've repeated EXACTLY what I had in my post.  I believe I said that BlackBerry releases it to the carrier who then tests it and releases it to their subscribers via OTA update or notification in BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry Desktop Software (not verbatim but that's close).

@Warner01, it also appears that you've repeated what I said in my post.  I've re-read my post three times and I'm pretty sure everything I said is correct.

Cheers.  🙂

A quick update for everybody.  It appears that Rogers is aiming for late October for release of 10.2 (for the Z10, Q10 and Q5).  My source is Crackberry.

Cheers.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

You are correct. Rogers posted this in the " OS Upgrade Schedule" Thread. ( That is where Crackberry got it from)

Smartphone

Software Version*

Release Date**
HTC One
Jelly Bean (4.3)
Now Available

BlackBerry Z10
BlackBerry 10.2 OS
Late October

BlackBerry Q10
BlackBerry 10.2 OS
Late October

BlackBerry Q5
BlackBerry 10.2 OS
Late October

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355