Z10 Voice Mail Plays on Speakerphone ONLY

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Z10 Voice Mail Plays on Speakerphone ONLY

When voicemail takes a message, I get a text message with it converted to text.  Also attached is an audio file which you can play.

If you select play, then it plays OUT THE SPEAKERPHONE ONLY!  I never want to do this and always want it to go to the handset so I can listen to it privately.

Help.  I could change this easily on my 9800, but it seems impossible on the Z10.  Even if I save the audio file to the SD card and play it from there, I still can't do it.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Z10 Voice Mail Plays on Speakerphone ONLY

Hello Softhead

Try doing a factory reset on your Z10 and see if that may fix it. Also what type of Voicemail do you have with Rogers? It may be the Voicemail plan u have that is doing this. Also open the phone app - Voicemail on the top 3. Call that and see if it going straight to speaker.
I've Been Here Awhile

I did a factory reset last week for another issue;  no change on the playback of voice mails.

Yes I can call in using the phone app, but that's 4 clicks away, then a password and then other buttons to push.  I can play the message file with one click, so it's very much preferred.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Softhead

Well blackberry has a feature that saves the Voicemail password and u dont need to keep putting it in either.

Seeing as u did everything, if u want take it back and exchange it with another one if you are within thegrace period OR call tech support to trouble shoot with u.

In the meantime, post this issue on Blackberry forums and see if someone else can help u.