Z10 Owners !!! Software update is IN !!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Z10 Owners !!! Software update is IN !!!

That was fast .. i owned a Lumia 900 it took ages and workarounds !!!

Go under settings -> Software updates !!!

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Z10 Owners !!! Software update is IN !!!

I wonder if bb10 updates are direct from vendor, compared to android, the older bb, etc which all have to go through Rogers first.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

It goes threw the carriers it seems. It if want threw BlackBerry, it would be out for the rest of the world which sells the Z10..

Here is the complete list of changes on the software. I must say tho, the batter has been MUCH better then before.

1. 3rd Party App Performance
We’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.

2. Phone, Calendar, and Contacts
Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You’ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We’ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.

3. Camera
We’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature.

4. Browser and Media
With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we’ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.

5. Battery Life
The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thats what i was curious about..

My boss has our companies first one right now.. and have just got it up and going, but its still having issues syncing with lotus notes (this i think is as much of a lotus issue), but was hoping that the update may fix part of it.

His one is on bell though, and doesnt have the update. 

Was hoping for NON carrier updates... but oh well 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

The next update (10.1) will be fixing mostly everything that needs to be fixed. CrackBerry has said this many times as well. 10.1 is going to be a bigger update which will bring more things / fix bugs & issues we still have. More apps are coming also within the next week!.

The updates are from the carriers which is sad but we can not do much anyways. Still the updates are coming out faster now!

Bell released the update as of yesterday for their Z10! You can let him know if he does not know as well!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup! he updated last night.. HUGE update.. 150mb or so.

Still having our issue here.. i beleive its releated to the Lotus Notes traveler, while the current version does work with activesync and the BB10, there are still some bugs.  The new lotus notes traveler will be out this month which is suposed to be full BB10 compatable.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea most well known & great apps are supposed to come after the US Release. This has been said many times BUT the developers are not saying anything (n). I am hoping for BBM Music / Shazam & a few others.

Yea the update will be a huge one as it has a few more improvements!.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
 I am hoping for BBM Music / Shazam & a few others.

BBM Music is history.  BlackBerry has confirmed they will no longer be supporting it nor offering any updates.  In fact, it's being phased out gradually to die a quiet death.  😞

As for Shazam, I also would like to see it.....what a great app it is! 

Cheers.  🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BillJ

Are you able to provide a source to that claim? I spoke to Kevin ( CrackBerry owner) & he told me BlackBerry never said anything like that. Also looking around on the CrackBerry forums, when someone posted about this topic, no one ever said this. All they said that they doubt it will come as we have music on the app store now. No where do i see the claim you made after searching on the net.

As for Shazam, i emailed & posted on their Facebook. They said they are looking at it.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello BillJ

Are you able to provide a source to that claim? I spoke to Kevin ( CrackBerry owner) & he told me BlackBerry never said anything like that.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Meowmix, this info was never publicly offered but rather was given to a select group of people (including me) by one of the lead developers of BB10, T.L. McCann.  I'm part of a group called BlackBerry Elite and as such I often receive information that is not publicly disclosed.
Anything I tell you about BB10 can be taken to the bank as gold.
Cheers.  🙂