YouTube was working great! Now it doesn't ...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreamstateseven
I've Been Here Awhile

YouTube was working great! Now it doesn't ...

Hi all!

I've had my 9810 for almost a year now, and it's been a of a lot of fun so far. I started using it to stream YouTube videos a while ago, and everything was working great!

Now, for some reason, every YouTube video stops playing after about 2 - 3 minutes with the generic "An Error Occurred attempting to play back media" message.

I've cleared my browser (of everything except bookmarks), done numerous battery pulls, resent my service books, and updated the OS software as best I could, but the problem persists.
I've started to hear from other Rogers customers that they're having similar issues as of recent.

Thanks a bunch!
****Edited Labels****
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: YouTube was working great! Now it doesn't ...

Hello dreamstateseven

That problem accures on my Bold 9900 & my Torch 9860 as well. It does this sometimes on my music player as well. I wonder if it has something to do with the Music play back service on the phone? I would suggest contacting Rogers or Blackberry for the most part & seeing what they say.
dreamstateseven
I've Been Here Awhile

I've had no problems with music playback so far.

I also posted a similar message on the CrackBerry.com forum, which is an awesome site for figuring out BlackBerry issues, but no one has been able to provide a solution.

I think I might start poking Rogers for some information. Especially if's starting to become a known issue.

Thanks!

ericlewis107
I Plan to Stick Around

YouTube videos are not downloaded to your phone, they are actually being streamed from the server. The freeze may be due to a delay in the buffering of the signal. This might help: Choose the video you want to play, just before it starts press pause. Wait 15 to 30 seconds then press play again. This may give the phones buffering of the signal enough time to "catch up" with the stream coming from the server. Hope this helps.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ericlewis107

This does help but not much. Its NOT the buffering as you say. This happens even when there is no buffering at all. It seems like the Youtube app / player is not properly build.

MS3
I've Been Here Awhile

I too am having the same exact problem. BB Bold 9900. Worked a few months ago, then noticed that it all videos would stop after 1:15 and disply "error occured while attempting to play media". I as well tried all the upgrades, but still the same problem. I noticed that the latest upgrade provided better browser speed for surfing, but on the downside my media player become wonky. After pressing pause, the music would be louder the it originally was. But thats another problem for another thread.....

...... youtube works fine on my phone via wifi, but not on the Rogers networkl. Good luck trying to find help from Rogers CSRs.....one word CLUELESS. We all know what kind of support RIM gives as well, so I guess we are all screwed. This really annoys me. That NO ONE has any advice or fixes on this. I mean COMMON......Rogers should step up, stop offering crappy BBs, and replace our phones free of charge to something that....i dont know.........WORKS.

So frustrated.

mish1
I've Been Around

I have a bb9900 never used because youtube has never  worked , I am getting a run a round between Rogers and Rim.... None of them knows and will not take responsibility. I believe  there is a software issue with OS7.1...Really does it take that long for the two big companies to fix this issue.... THIS ISSUE IS GOING ON FOR  THE PAST 4 MONTHS..... Rogers sent my phone to Rim to get it fixed but I guess Rim doesn't have a clue what was wrong with their phone, they sent the phone back along with a note(The problem has been resolved). I still have the same issue till this date, Rogers replaced my phone with the fifty dollar charge fee but I refused to pay Rim for their Tech support desk( $35). I was promised by the Rim's Tech support to call me back that includes the supervisor too.