Year with movie description...where did it go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Year with movie description...where did it go?

I am not at home, so can not test it.. but maybe some of you out there can today, if you are at home..
(dont think NB2 or NB3 will make a difference).

One thing i saw that while i was down in Toronto at the rogers building for the NB3 release.. was in the search (*)... that you can actually look up by ACTOR in there.

Say start putting in BRAD PITT.. it will give you a choice for his name..  then give you anything you can choose from that has him as an actor.
Now.. i know it will pull that from the RoD stuff, etc.. thought it DID pull it from the TV listings as well (cant quite remember).

I am just wondering.. if that info IS there... but perhaps, just not able to be seen Smiley Sad

(not saying this is a viable solution to looking it up, etc.. just trying to determine IF the data is there, etc)

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I feel that altogether too much is being made of the movie descriptions. Rogers has little to do with it because they are created by the 3rd party guide provider. Yes, I was pissed when the descriptions disappeared completely for a while. I don't record/watch movies based simply on the IPG description.Not wishing to waste 2 hours of my life, I often check imdb.com. The year and star(s) will thell me if it's a remake or the real thing.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

Why has Rogers changed they way they descrtibe programs and movies now? If I look at the information they give for a movie, I would never watch another movie again. They either look stupid or boring. And all weekend wrong all I got was "NO PROGRAM INFORMATION AVAILABLE" What is going on???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tiaria57

Have you tried rebooting the box for it to show you the information? Also which Rogers box are you using?

I've Been Around

Rogers has EVERYTHING to do with it. They contract out the 3rd party so they should ensure they are receiving quality service from them since it is Rogers customers who will be impacted. I'm not going to run upstairs to my computer everytime I want some information about a movie. Relevant, useful descriptions with date and lead actors were previously provided and stopped with no explanation. That is not good customer service or relations.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Agree completely.  For years we got a decent movie description that included year and lead actors but now the lead actors list is taken away. Rogers loves to remove stuff but never compensates for taking stuff away.

I Plan to Stick Around

We've been waiting since they finally "fixed" the missing date problem (summer) but then removed all actor names from the description on all the programs/movies. It's been so long that I don't think they're going to put the actors back. They didn't need to have actor with character played, just some of the top actors names. But it seems they've forgotten about it or don't want to be bothered.

You're right - they do take things away with no compensation - not even an apology.

It would help if they would let us know if they're still looking at changes or if they just want us to shut up and not complain or advise of problems. It does get frustrating.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Which is suprising.. as the actor info IS still there, in some form..

As you can search via actor name in the search function on the new IPG.. and it will pull those movies up.. so its in there SOMWHERE.

They probably want people looking via the search or something Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

Well it just makes no sense that we have to do a search for the actor, why go that way?? it shouild be right there on the screen when you press the info button, it used to always be there, and now all of a sudden it is no longer there, That truly is Rogers for you, Bell Fibe TV has it, once you press Info it gives you total detail of the movie, or series or show and it has all the actors names in it, and also the day month and year the show originally aired. and i dont see why rogers removed it..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Never said it was RIGHT or the way it should be.
I was saying, that the info IS there in some form, that the search can pull it.. so YES, they should be able to have it in the info.

I was actually agreeing.