Year with movie description...where did it go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Year with movie description...where did it go?

I agree. All regular programming is created to fit into 1/2 hour, 1 hour, etc time slots, padded out by commercials. There's no excuse for networks to not fit them in those slots so they don't get cut off. Extending the times by a minute only accommodates commercials, which we skip anyway.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

THANK YOU ROGERS!

The year now appears at the end of all the movies and also TV shows. Descriptions have been shortened or space for descriptions has been increased because as of today - or at least for today, it appears nothing is cut off.

My husband and I will be watching movies again. Rogers listened to all the complaints on this and have made good on it, or at least that's how it looks in today/tonight's listings. Thank you Rogers. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, it looks like Rogers has listened to all the complaints and the descriptions fit into the allocated spaces now, with the movie year showing at the end. This is good news!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One can only hope that they were aware of our complaints on this forum and acted accordingly. Either way it's good to see something positive from Rogers for a change.

Now lets keep our fingers crossed that it remains like this for a while and perhaps even get better when they get rid of the stupid personal opinion synopsis for some movies! "Bone chilling terror"....really!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You can now also get the description of the movie/show on playback from the PVR when you use the info button. That was another thing that was "broken" but is now fixed. And am very happy that the descriptions are no longer cut off and of course the date is back. But it was just today I noticed the info button works again on playback - I had stopped using it because it only told you that you were playing back something you had recorded...

Thank you again, Rogers. Much appreciated.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, so you can! I just checked on my 8300. Glad to see Rogers is cleaning up the mess.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I still noticed some Descriptions include character with actor names, plus unnecessary commentary (how great / how not funny etc. the program is).

But at least we're making progress!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay.... what about the problem with lead actors. With classic movies knowing the key actors makes the decision on whether to watch toe movie.  Jimmy Stewart and my wife watches.   Can't we get the leads back?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It seems like they just can't get it right. They gave us back the year of the movie and the descriptions are no longer personal opinions and they don't get cut off but at the cost of losing any of the leads for the movie. Is it too much to ask to have a short description, year and the lead actor or possibly maybe 2 actors?!?!

So sick of having to complain so much about something so simple! 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree with the 2 most recent posters. I'm very grateful that the year is back and descriptions are no longer cut off. Also that you can get the movie/tv show "info" on recorded shows again too. But I do miss having at least one or two actor's names listed for movies as we used to have. Not only 'classic' movies but also newer ones too. Knowing who is in a movie can make the difference between watching or not watching (or PVRing) it. I find that I'm skipping a lot of movies because without knowing who's in it, it even makes it more difficult to remember whether we've seen it already or not.

Some good changes have come about recently but I've been waiting for name of an actor or two to return for movies. We don't need the names of the characters they play too, just the actor name would suffice. It would be wonderful to have that back again.