Year with movie description...where did it go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Year with movie description...where did it go?

That's how it works for me now. When a show/movie is playing, first press of "INFO" shows the channel and name of the show and the second press shows a detailed description.

However, that no longer works when playing a recorded show unless I pause and go back to LIST. Rogers broke that and it needs to be fixed.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes that's how it works when watching any show on Showtime or ABC, CBS, CTV, Global, etc. And it used to work that way when watching a playback but yes, that's "broken" as you said for playbacks.

But when you push the info button when you are looking through the guide to choose a channel to watch, pushing info has changed - it shows a rather long description of the show with actors & characters they play and then date at the end so it is usually cut off. I hope that will be fixed.

It also cuts off that info while you're watching the channel (live) and press info - if it's one of those wordy descriptions.

I hope all these things will be fixed by Rogers or Cisco or whoever has control over it. It would make TV viewing much more enjoyable. It's these little things that can be so irritating. 😞  I hope it will be "fixed" sooner rather than later, but I do appreciate that an attempt hasbeen made with the dates (although in the wrong place!). It worked pretty well before the switch.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes same thing on the 8300 PVR, the movie date is back, but it's at the end of the description, so if there are more than the maximum 3 lines of description the date is dropped, so the date shows on about 1 out of 5 that have short descriptions. Oh well someone tried.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

On the plus side, the date is now on prett much ALL descriptions, not just movies.

And I still cannot believe that THIS is the issue that's getting 11 pages of posts. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It just goes to show you what people's preferences are, and how one thing can be more upsetting than an other.
(Like to me the date is not a big deal, but obviously is for others)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Not only that, but the descriptions have changed to subjective reviews rather than the basic program description. Thanks very much, Rogers, but I'll make up my own mind whether the movie is of good quality or not.
I agree that the date of production NEEDS to be listed.

Rogers???...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you read back on the thread.. it IS now listed.. it wasnt there at all, but has been added back in now. 
Though, it is at the END.. and often gets cut off.  (hopefuly this is something they rectify)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If they would go back to basic movie description and list only major actors, not character names, then the date would show up at the end of the description. As it is now, although the date has been returned to the listing, it has been put at the end instead of the beginning, so is usually cut off.

Those are the two things still to be rectified as far as the program listings go - shorten description and put date back at the beginning of program/movie. We're hoping.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It always seems like for everything we gain (has the proper +1 mins on some stations), we loose two other things 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One problem I've found with the +1 mins on some stations is that if you already have your PVR set up to record "all episodes" of a particular program but on the hour (not previously recorded with the +1 min), that now that program won't record at all unless you change the time to the new +1 time. And of course it then can interfere with another program where you might end up with 3 programs set to record during that 1 min extra of time, instead of two...

It's kind of a nightmare when they make changes (seemingly) without thinking of how it affects everything else. Like removing the year from movies, increasing the length of descriptions, then adding the year to the end where it is cut off in many of the listings. And of course the change in the ability to see the "info" on a program when in playback.

I'm not sure what has been gained with all of this. Better service? Lower rates? Nothing really good for the customer/consumer that I can see so far. 😞