Year with movie description...where did it go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Year with movie description...where did it go?

Truthfuly.. i am not 100% sure. But i know its not via a playback channel.

I am wondering if it is more some form of OVERLAY.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The year is back! Not perfect, as it is hit or miss as to whether you can see the year or not. Instead of being at the beginning of the listing, it is now at the end. So the extra long listings that are cut off also cut off the year.

At least it is on SOME of the movies. Odd though that it is now also on many of the regular TV show descriptions too (never used to be). At least on the ones with shorter descriptions so it's not cut off.

I hope the other problems will be fixed, but at least it's a start and I appreciate it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yeah!! They year after some of the TV shows is a nice touch too..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now if only they could shorten the descriptions so the year isn't cut off, or put the year at the beginning of the description as they used to do, I'd be happier with it.

At least I think they're listening, and that means everything. Thank you Rogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Recent changes is the onscreen channel guide have eliminated the date of a film's release (the year), and that's plain wrong. Any movie buf knows there's a big difference between "Cape Fear" made in 1962 and "Cape Fear" made in 1991, for example.

Please move my suggestion through "channels" there to whomever compiles the movie listings and ask that the year of a film's release be restored.

If you agree with me, please copy and re-post this message so that Rogers gets the message loud and clear that posting the date of a film's release is important to subscribers.

After all, it's only four characters, and the listings are so badly composed they always get snipped off in mid-sentence.

Thanks for your kind co-operation.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What happened, is while yes rogers can edit the guide, etc.. they are not the ones who create ALL the data for it.  There are companies out there who provide these things, to rogers, bell, for PC TV cards and DVRs, etc.

Rogers changed companies.. and one of the side effects was, loosing the DATE.
Rogers has been aware of this and was talking to the providers.

As of last night, a few users have found, that on some of them, you are now finding the DATE at the END of the description.  Though some long descritpions, its not there as even the description is being cut off.

So maybe while not perfected yet, they do appear to be working to get this information returned.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So the year disappears overnight and it takes months for it to come back in the wrong place...at the end of ridiculous synopsis and due to short sighted programming is often cut off and unavailable since there is not enough space provided to see the synopsis in it's entirety.

I wish some people would quit making excuses for Rogers!!! If they know they only have so many characters to work with in the space provided on the guide then make sure the entire synopsis with the year will fit in the frigging space.

This is not rocket science.......although to Rogers it certainly seems that it is.....we pay them enough to fund a space program after all!!!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I agree. The short descriptions should be just that: a BRIEF description. Whoever's writing the current descriptions (not Rogers, apparently) is adding their own smarty-pants commentary ... it is not needed nor wanted.

Nor do they need to waste space telling us which actor is playing which character!

Just give us in order:
1. year
2. BRIEF description
3. main actors (without their character names)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes! I couldn't agree more. That is exactly what we need:

Year first, brief description, main actors (without character names).

You nailed it, SpeedyC. Thank you.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have never understood why they just can't give a brief info about the show and if you press info again , you would get a more detailed info about it .