Year with movie description...where did it go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Year with movie description...where did it go?

Ok, so they've heard us....now let's see how long the fix takes. Don't anyone hold their breath!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

On top of the missing movie Year, has anyone noticed the descriptions now include hokey commentary? Sometimes there's so much cheese that's there's no room for a decent description of the program. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why have the year of when movies been made been removed from the movie's description? I would like to see that information put back in.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We have got some confirmation from Rogers on this.

It appears they have changed providers or to a different version of guide that this company provides and is pushed to Rogers (Rogers doesn't do the guide content themselves fully)

A Rogers rep confirmed that the date removal is something they did not intend/want to happen and are talking with the company to work on getting it resolved. No eta, but they are aware and working on it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I hate it when they lie to me.  I asked why the year of the movie was taken away and the girl tells me it's my PVR.  I have to reboot it and the year will come back.  NOT!!!  If it doesn't happen, then she suggests I get a new one.  Paid $500 I say.  Well what you do is up to you. 

What about slow motion?  Didn't you love that feature before they took it away and lied for ages that it would be back and now say it will not. 

Come on people.  Phone them and phone them.  I can't do it all myself.  WE WANT THE MOVIE YEARS AND SLOW MOTION BACK. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As my post above said... They are aware of the year and are working on getting it back. We have confirmation of it.
(Though it still may never come back, who knows, but at least they have said they are looking at getting it fixed)

Problem is with the CS people is that they are poorly trained, and do not have access to the righty information
Normally bad data on the pvr can be fixed by a reboot. But this isn't that. But the problem is that those people are not made aware of these problem in a timely matter.
I do agree that when these people DO NOT know the answer, they need to stop just saying things. Say 'I don't know' and look into it, or escalate it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

All they do is lie.  The girl told me if I rebooted the box it would come back.

If it didn't - get a new box.  I told her I paid $500 for mine.  Her response INTERPRETED BY ME (not our problem).

Don't you miss slow motion?  It was one of the features that sold me.  It was removed with the changes to the menu last year.  They keep promising to bring it back but that will never happen.  One person told me it was not a feature of my PVR.  Strange that it was a feature when I bought it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I myself don't miss it, in almost 10 years of owning a Rogers pvr never used it once.

Now, with this you are on the new guide, on a 8642 correct?
Unless you are using the whole home pvr function, or the caller if for home phone, you can call in and ask to have them revert it back to the original old guide. This will get the slo mo back. (All recordings will be lost though in this process so watch all first)
Unfortunately the year thing effects all boxes as its an source problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this on a Movie Channel - ROD, TMNOD, etc?

The problem is with movies shown in the regular guide for all channels - the year is now missing for all movies on regular channels such as CTV, ABC, CBS, HD channels, etc.

It needs to be put back!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The years aren't showing up on ROD either but i'm not sure they ever did since I don't go there too often.

ROD is such a joke, they still want to charge you to watch movies that have aired on regular tv on other channels for years.....good one Rogers....get your clients to pay for something that's free!