cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha YAS-207 Sound bar syncing with champion remote

Slono
I've Been Around

I have issues getting the remote to sync with the Yamaha sound bar. I have tried all the codes as well as the auto code search function where you hold the OK button down until it shuts off and it doesn’t work. The only thing that works is after the sound bar shuts off during the auto code search that’s all I can do with it (is shut off the sound bar).

Can anybody help with this please? The sound bar was released only a couple years ago so I don’t think there should be any problems syncing.

Thanks in advance.

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Yamaha YAS-207 Sound bar syncing with champion remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I went to the URC website and did a code search. Did you try code number 1815?

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/champion-plus-urc2125b0-bb/

Here's a link to the remote's operating manual. When you did the scan for codes did you stop immediately after the unit shut off?  If not, the remote may have gone on to the next code? 

https://42mi922hlub72m4rv51tqiip-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Champion-Plus-Ma...

RogersMaude

Welcome to the Community @Slono! Thanks for your post. 😉

We want to help you in resolving the issue preventing you from pairing your Yamaha sound bar to your Champion remote control.

Turn on your equipment and follow the steps below to set up your remote. Be sure to point the remote at your equipment during setup.

1. Press the mode key for the device type you wish to setup.

2. Press and hold SETUP until the mode key blinks twice.

3. Using the digit keys on the remote, enter the following code: 1815. This code should control your Yamaha Audio.

4. Test the remote to confirm that it controls your device as expected.

For more information, check out this page.

Check out @User47 's post for how to set up your volume controle on the Yamaha device.

Finally, feel free to browse the Rogers RF Remote thread for a ton of details on other users experience pairing their Champion remote to their TV set up.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Note that the code mentioned by @User47 for his RX-V379 is the one that is easily found using the code finder at the URCSupport website I provided earlier.  @Slono : I'm hoping that 1815 works for you or that the code search does.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation