Yahoo mail???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Yahoo mail???

Yahoo mail keeps signing me out my itself, I got to "help" and it sends me here.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: Yahoo mail???

yep me too.  can read my emails, but as soon as I leave the page and then try to go back , I have to sign in again.  Been happening since Thursday or Friday I think.  Despite having the keep me signed in box checked it will always sign me out.  Yet on the homepage it keeps me signed in.....only when I try to access my mail does it require me to sign back in, and it can be instantly....ie I read my mail, go to the yahoo homepage, click on the mail button and it asks me to sign in.  Annoying

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. have either of you changed any of your COOKIE settings in your browser?

It relies heavily on cookies for it to know/remember you staying logged in.

Could also be themselves, if they are not writing the cookies properly which would cause it to do it.

I'm a Regular

yes I have checked it all.   first thing I did was search for the same problem on yahoo and tried any suggestions they had.  the problem is with rogers yahoo email.

for someone who isn't a Rogers employee, you sure seem to take their side most of the time, rather than supporting those who have problems have done all they can and still get no support from Rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

People often mistake, eliminating ALL possibilities, as taking ones side.

I said, it still could be their side... (where i refered to themselves in my reply above, i was refering to YAHOO, not the end user)

Especialy with people being VERY security concious lately with all the NSA stuff going on in the US, i have heard ALOT about people disabling cookies all together. (i work in IT, so read alot of tech news, forums, etc).. which can lead to issues with sites that rely heaviily on them.

All i was doing, was asking if these changes were made, just to eliminate that out of the equation.

I have checked on two rogers accounts from here..

What is the address you are trying to go to, to access the mail?

When i go to http://mail.rogers.com i get the same thing as you report. After visiting another site, it prompts me to login again.

When i go through http://rogers.yahoo.com, which brings me to the 'news' page, with the mail link, it doesnt prompt me for the password

So it may be a security change, through the one method of entry only.
This is unfortunately, where Rogers customers, get BONNED.. (and why i wish they would move away from yahoo).
Issues like this?? Other than passing the info onto yahoo.. that is about all rogers CAN do (other than droping them alltogether Smiley Tongue).  Rogers doesnt have direct control over the web interface/login stuff.. its all controlled by yahoo.
And Yahoo, will not support us, since we are ROGERS customers... we get stuck in the middle Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

My Rogers Yahoo email has been bouncing back emails to my customers for months now. Rogers says its a Yahoo issue that they can't resolve. This is not the only issue at this time. If I can't get my business emails working properly for months now I need to start a forum to help other business owners stay away from this form of email. I can't even talk to Yahoo directly. What am I supposed to do !!!!!!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Being someone who RUNS an email server for work... where i have 100% control.. i can tell you even then.. email is FAR from 100% reliable.. even when you run it yourself. Smiley Sad 
But sometimes, you can run into issues, like you said.. were like rogers/yahoo give the run arround as to WHO the issue is with.

One option, is that you can use a 3rd party email provider.. say Google, or similar... but those inherently also have their own issues as well sometimes... as well as that usualy they are FREE.. and therefore, that they take no ownership IF there is a problem.. its an 'oh well' type answer.

When you say, bouncing back emails to your customers... what do you mean exactly.  You are sending emails OUT, and they are being RETURNED (with an error message)?  or is it with incomming, THEY are getting a bouncback?

IF you are able to post a few of those errors (if they are different, if the same, only one is needed), i can take a look, as i am familiar with most email bounceback messages.. and can help figure out where potentialy the problem is.
(the in/out makes a difference.. as MOST bounceback messages are from the RECEIVING server, which can mean their end.. only time your own does it, is often on undeliverable ones, etc.)

I Plan to Stick Around

This constant logoff problem was happening to me as well, a few weeks ago. Drove me crazy.

What browser are you using? I use Google Chrome, and it did not kick me out if I used the other browsers (IE, FF). Which was a huge pain to switch to another browser just for mail. I did mess around with some settings and .maybe the cookies, but it just stopped. I wish I could remember exactly what I did, but try deleting your cookies (or list the cookies and decide which ones to get rid of) .. Anyway try a different browser than you're using now, see if that narrows down the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Oop, I just realized the OP started this thread in June, but it was hijacked with a different topic  yesterday.

I was addressing the OP's question, which of course was likely solved by now. 

Hijacker please  note you should open a new thread in order to get your question answered appropriately Smiley Happy