Yahoo mail is driving me nuts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Yahoo mail is driving me nuts

Not necessarily true ... my "enable conversations" is unchecked but I still have the same problem

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think alot of it may be the same as the others.. where the other settings are not saving.

Could be browswer specific (which means they should fix it so its more cross browser capable).
Or could be a setting, depending on how that is saved.

I was able to change it back and forth repeatedly, on IE 10/11.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Fingers crossed, mine has now been staying "basic" with functioning preview pane for 24 hours ... using Chrome.  Maybe somebody fixed something, maybe I did something by accident, maybe it fixed itself .... and maybe I speak too soon.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I hate this new email.  Just appears on my computer - no contact and no option to keep it the way it was.  It sucks!!  It would be nice if the company actually cared about giving customers the service they want.  I have no illusions however that any of these complaints will do one iota of good.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm back to the old format, but with fewer option than before. We thank whoever for small mercies.

However, when I start typing in the e-mail of someone I've written to a million times, nothing comes up. The contact list is a mess and all my group contact e-mail addresses have disappeared.

Those geeky guys must be laughing up a storm at how much they've messed up our e-mail. And they get PAID to do this. Rogers and Yahoo, let's be clear: YOU SUCK.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Same here. Back to the old format with the preview pane working, but like you the contact list is a mess. The group listing are still there but like the mail contact list appears to be for information only. I now have to type in the address of each email I try to send.

My Yahoo.ca home page is also a mess. Very little works. I had a pane for my email and that is stuck on loading. The options and settings don't work either. They too get stuck in the loading mode. I guess if things don't sort themselves out soon I'll have to try to deal with Yahoo customer service though I really don't want to I'll have to look for another option.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Had the same problem for a week.  This happened once before and it changed back in a day.  Kept hoping it would.  Glad to see I'm not the only one upset.  I had the settings/theme the way I like. I liked how it stretched out across the screen.  No matter what what setting I use now, it's all bunched up on one side to make room for an ad that's a third of the page.  It's horrible.  The 'basic' thing works to get back the old page, sort of-no options like before though.  Tried yahoo mail who revert me back to rogers.  Someone said in this forum that it's not a rogers problem.

One trick I found-play with every option they give you.  After I changed my theme, I saw flickr pics at the bottom of my screen.  You can pick your theme from that as well.  When I did click on 1 of the bottom pics, my screen changed to stretch out the emails (easier reading) and the huge ads disappeared.  It doesn't stay-I went out and it reverts, but it's just a quick click on the bottom theme pic to bring you back.  I'll try some of the other tips I picked up from you guys to make it more bearable.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am so furious. The most important feature and the only reason I use my Rogers email instead of my Gmail account was the ability to have multiple email messages open at once represented by tabs across the top. Well I woke up this morning and guess what I have a new crappy email interface with no tabs. I often need to cut and paste between messages or reference information from multiple messages. Now you can't even tell what email you have open... it is horrible!

To top it off, I spent all the time to document this in the "Feedback" feature, clicked Submit and got a message that the Feedback feature isn't available... try some other time... that's actually what it said!

Now if that isn't terrible customer service, I'm not sure what is.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Plus now we've got the little "Save draft" pop up nagging at us. How the heck do you disable that.

Like one other poster said. 'Change for the sake of change" (And for someone to keep themself employed I guess"

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around