cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia z3 android 5.1.1?

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Anybody get the update yet? This is supposed to be out July and there are only a couple days to go. Btw anyone concerned about the stage fright bug, until a patch is released set your mms messages to (not auto download) on your default messaging app. That's a quick fix I learned about. Cheers!

****Edit Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xperia z3 android 5.1.1?

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
Hey everyone 5.1 is here now. I'm kinda scared to install it after a few things I just read. But definitely need the security update. It's too bad they were not separate updates lol. But let me know how it performs on our Rogers Variants.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
stagefright bug isn't a hoax?
Oh man, Thanks for the tip @zeroz3hereo
I guess turning off MMS works.
How would I know if I am infected already?
Since I read once infected the MMS that you received is auto deleted so you won't even know if it was ever received. right?

Also I don't own Xperia so can't say anything about the update.
I own a Samsung Note 3 and Samsung is known to be slowest for releasing updates to carriers x___x"

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @zeroz3hereo

Hmm my buddy got his yesterday so maybe we will get our sometimes  this week before the week ends. It does happen which not eveyone will get it at the same time.  As of that patch, unless Rogers says something or Sony, there isn't much to go in sadly.

Jim_H
I'm Here A Lot

I got the update on Monday.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Jim_H

Yes that's true. Many got it Monday and Tuesday but do remember that not everyone will get it at the same time. My buddy at work got his yesterday so hopefully we get our today!

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
Is this only for unlocked phones or what? I am just a little anxious to see how it will perform vs 5.0.2 and to see if they finally bring the clear all app button back 🙂 I have not been able to find anything that says Roger's customers have received the update yet.

It's possible. I'm unlocked.

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm kinda disappointed.I figured it would be out today since it's the last day of July..... Yay

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

Yes my apoligies on that. It was only for unlocked ones. Rogers seems to have pushed it back due to a software issue it seems like ( Source from Sony that i know). He did tell me it should be released in a couple of days / a week or so.

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around

Cool well thanks for the info. I will just have to wait patiently 🙂 On another note. I'm hoping the update will help out in some way with my phone getting unbearably warm near the processer from doing almost nothing within seconds of the screen being on. That started  few days ago, and a factory reset didn't seem to fix it. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

I noticed that with mine too but when i sent it into Sony, they change the battery i guess & the phone only starts getting warm when i am using it alot or have alot of apps on!

Hopefully this update fixes those issues though

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
I don't know why it still says "July" then for the OS update 5.1.1 for the Z3. They should have just changed it to "coming soon" if they knew it wasn't going to be out in time. I got my hopes up lol, but it's all good I'm sure there is a good reason for the delay. Cheers!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

I do agree with you on that. There is always a good reason for the delay which many don't see but patients is needed and the update will come!

I agree too!
I rather wait for a fully working update rather than an update with patches after 😕

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
Any ETA yet? Or has anyone heard anything more about this update for Roger's variants?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

I heard this week or next week it should be rolling out with Rogers but again that's just a source i heard it from within Sony.

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
Ahh lol they changed it to "coming soon" on the OS upgrade page 🙂 cool cool.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @zeroz3hereo

Indeed they did! I heard it should be coming out in a couple of weeks via someone I know in Sony 🙂

^Dude has hook ups lol
@Meowmix

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @ShakTiburon

I used to work for Sony and know a few management in head office so they relate to me what they know about updates or devices that are coming out soon ( hint hint lol)

zeroz3hereo
I Plan to Stick Around
So when is it supposed to be out? My guess is not until September due to stagefright, and Roger's will want to include that in the firmware so who knows how long that will take.
Topic Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation