Xperia Z3 - Cases

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Xperia Z3 - Cases

I have a very nice fitting case for my Z3. It's an Incipio. Oddly enough I had to buy it at a Bell store because Rogers didn't have it or anything really for it (West Edmonton Mall kiosk). 

Anyhow, my point of this post is, from all the cases I have seen online and IRL, there seems to be very few that leave the magnetic charging port open. That is really dumb. Now, if you want a wallet style, sure, but they can be inconvenient. I have a magnetic cable but can't use it without taking off my case and I am not about to start doing that.

Anyone else frustrated and wondering why? Can you recommend a place in Edmonton that has a really good fitting case with the magnetic charge port open?

*** Edited Labels ***

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Xperia Z3 - Cases

Hello @PizzaSlice,

Thank you for sharing this information. It's strange majority of cases you are finding are made this way! I personally use an iPhone but if anyone else in the Community can help @PizzaSlice, please feel free to chime in :). 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

I live in Toronto but our Best Buy does have about 2 cases by Spigen and Insignia which does that. Have you check on Amazon or even online or local cellphones shop to see?
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @PizzaSlice & @RogersHassam, I'll chime in.

Incipio is a nice deisgn, slim yet worthy.

I am more of a milatary grade case type (but those cases get bulky).

The cases you have seen online, the ones that have the charging port covered are usually flaps. Those don't require you to take the case off, because that would be silly, I definitely agree 🙂

For the Incipio, did you get Feather? Dual Pro?

I know X-Case makes some, you can find it on amazon, however, they aren't a popular brand because they look heavy. (Bulky). Just throwing it out there.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in Edmonton and when I search at Best Buy, neither of those 2 brands show up. I am not sure if it's a geolocation thing or not. Can you post a screen shot or a link to your results please?

Yes, I have seached many places. 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, Incipio is a really nice case maker. I got the feather one I think it is. Was about $30 at Bell. I like the rough and tough cases as well. Used to have one when I had the iPhone.

There are sooo many case makers I can't keep up. If I can find one with the quality of Incipio, and an unblocked charging port, I'd be thrilled. 

The search continues. 🙂

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @PizzaSlice

I am actually going to refer your to @Meowmix's suggestion.

Spigen are well made, if you can find them locally great, I know some Rogers store (in GTA) have had them in the past.

If not, Spigen also ships, are available on Amazon and on eBay.

Spigen also comes with authentication marker (Serial number). Since they also hack knock offs on eBay.

My suggestion, go for Local Rogers store or online Rogers.com Accessories >> Here

Spigen can be a bit pricey, depending on their model of case but mostly are fair priced.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PizzaSlice

Its because they are only a few located here in Toronto & in Niagara lol. That is why.

Check online & see. I know some are but its hard to find!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Let's just close off this topic. I am done with it.

I hit up every Bell, Telus, Rogers, The Source, Best Buy, and all the cellular accessory kiosks in West Edmonton Mall the other day. Only the place that had anything for the Xperia Z 3, was The Source. They had an ugly one for $20. No thanks.

I am very disappointed that Rogers, from whom I got this phone, and whom carries this phone, doesn't have any cases available for it. Even their online selection sucks.

In my opinion, the only best place to get affordable, quality cellphone accessories, is Amazon Canada. I recently got a magnetic charging cable and a simple case for my Z3. Another magentic charging cable is on it's way. Each were about $5. Can't beat it. 

I am always looking for something better hence the reason for my search. I am done now. Thank for the input of those who replied. 🙂

Moderator: Please close this off now. Thanks.