Xperia Z2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Xperia Z2

Any ideas if or when Rogers is releasing the Z2?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Xperia Z2

Hello everyone and jrmtl

Sadly i am here to announce that Bell will carry the Z2 as a exclusive phone in May. It was announced earlier this morning. It seems Bell will br getting it instead of Rogers. The exclusive doesn't mean its for ever though. It can mean for 60-90 days and then Rogers may carry it OR it may stay with Bell for good and no other carrier will get it. So whoever wants one, needs to buy it straight from them.

I wish i had better news :(.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/01/sony-xperia-z2-coming-to-bell-in-may-as-an-exclusive/

View solution in original post

All Replies
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rjordan

Sadly no Canadian carrier like Rogers has not announced if they will carry the Z2. At this moment i would just suggest waiting until you hear something / see something. There isnt much word going around for the Z2 coming to Canada yet.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks 🙂 I'm very suprised about the lack of talk regarding the Z2. Personally I am more excited about it than the s5 ... personal preference I guess 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rjordan

Everyone has a different view & preference on devices! Hopefully Rogers does bring it to us but its something we will find out when they do announce it ( if they do). The lack of talk regarding the Z2 is due that many are looking at the S5 ( Due out in April) / The New HTC One ( march 25th) & other devices. it seems like when Sony brings out a phone with Rogers, it barely sells due to lack of advertisement & promotions. This is something i see with Nokia / Sony / Blackberry alot thats why there isn't much talk about it yet.

I would get the Z2 if it comes out with Rogers or another carrier ( Unlock it after paying full price)

I Plan to Stick Around

I am also waiting impatiently for the Z2 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrmtl

Sadly no news as of yet :(. The Z2 tablet is coming to Canada tho lol
I Plan to Stick Around

I already have the tablet Z and its a great device ... won't be upgrading that anytime soon.

I'm only holding out for the phone equivalent but Z2  🙂

Hopefully Sony will at least make it available on their canadian site

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrmtl

I hope so too! I had the Z1 but sold it afterwards. Hopefully they bring out the Z2
I Plan to Stick Around

Was is strange for us Sony fans is that new flagships of HTC and Samsung are coming in a few weeks and no word on the Z2 flagship. Wouldn't it be wise to announce it around the same period of other manufacturers in order to gain sales ?

maybe i'm wrong as this is Canada 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jrmtl

I do agree with you but it also depends on the agreements the carriers have with Sony. They could release it before those 2 or after. They should release it soon tho.